What's new

The consolidated, all-in-one DUEL DVD discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
I want to get this for my dad for father's day. He loves this movie (especially when Weaver jumps up and down on the hood of his car to get it clear of the bus.)

Ooops, was that a spoiler?

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Speculation has it that the title was delayed to get it past the overseas distribution deal that Universal has with Columbia Tri-Star. That deal ends on July 31.

If that speculation is correct, it should be re-announced soon for early fourth quarter.

In the meantime, you could get your father a gift certificate at Best Buy along with the City Slickers DVD. (All fathers love this movie for some reason!)

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Caught the "Dirctors Version" with a forward by Dennis Weaver on Encore last night. Haven't seen it since I was 12.

Still holds up.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Forward??? Do you mean foreword?

And Eric_R_C: it's not such a good idea to include spoilers in your post without warning, especially if it's the first post in the thread. Please add spoiler tags. Thanks.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
My dog says 8/20, but I'm not sure if I can trust him. He's been telling me to do some bad things lately. :crazy:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Early September sounds about right. (I don't know about Sept 1 though:That's a Sunday!)

That would definitely put it past the end of the overseas distribution deal with CTS and would still provide Universal with enough time to notify vendors of the new date and allow them to re-submit their pre-orders.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!!

Declan

Second Unit
..............what happened to this. It was meant to come out around May 14th and was then taken off the shedules. No new release date has come out of Universal........so whats happening with this title?

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I also want to know what is happening or happened to the Duel DVD. I like this movie & I was really waiting for this DVD to come out.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
duel.jpg

I want it too!!! (Don't see HOW it could possibly be WIDESCREEN though....for a TV Movie?? Curious.)
MORE INFO VIA HTF.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
The only "official" word on the movie at the moment is that Universal has indicated that the release has not been canceled ... just delayed.

I really did believe that we would get some kind of announcement regarding this title by August; and with the month now winding down, I'm starting to get a little worried!

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
I want it too!!! (Don't see HOW it could possibly be WIDESCREEN though....for a TV Movie?? Curious.)
Though it was a U.S. television production, DUEL was released theatrically in some foreign markets. More than likely, this DVD transfer is matted to 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 per Spielberg's request.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks