What's new

The consolidated, all-in-one DUEL DVD discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Laurent Bouzereau, supplementary producer extraordinaire (Carrie SE, JP3, Universal Hitchcocks) is currently at work on new special editions of Steven Spielberg's The Color Purple and Duel and Mel Brooks' The Producers. The Duel DVD will have three documentaries, including one on Spielberg's beginnings on TV.
------------------
webmaster davisdvd.com
International Exclusives

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Good news (though I personally am much more excited about The Producers than about Duel).
I'm sure Mr. Bouzereau will do his usual impeccable job. Does the man ever sleep?
doug

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
What an opportunity for UNIVERSAL to release several other Spielberg made-for-t.v. movies, including SOMETHING EVIL, SAVAGE, and an episode from "Night Gallery."

GaryEA

Second Unit
Finally... The Producers!
"I'm hysterical! I can't stop! (growling/blithering)"
(gets splashed in the face with a glass of water)
"I'm wet! I'm wet! I'm hysterical and I'm wet!"
(slap to the cheek)
"I'm in pain and I'm wet! And I'm still hysterical!"
(goes for another slap)
"No, no no... that doesn't help..."
That's from memory, so I might be off by a slap or two. :)
Thanks for the good news Patrick!
Gary
[Edited last by GaryEA on September 21, 2001 at 10:42 PM]

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The Producers S.E. Tell me I'm dreaming! :)
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
YES!!!! Duel and The Producers!!! 2002 is going to be a good year indeed.
------------------
Horror AND non-horror fans unite!
jasvparbanner2.jpg

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info... do you have a source?
I'm curious about which studio will be releasing The Producers.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, where did you hear this? And any rumored date for the releases?
I'm only slightly less skeptical about rumors of Duel than I am about Back to the Future. Duel was supposed to be released years ago, and never made it.
However, if these pan out, both Duel and the Producers will be excellent additions to my collection.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Duel and The Producers?
2002 could be a very good year.
------------------
I suppose you think that's very funny, Harold.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
My question on Duel is this: what aspect ratio will be used?

I heard an interview with Spielberg once (maybe on Inside the Actor's Studio) where he mentioned that in its European theatrical release, several scenes had to be re-matted (maybe the wrong word) because upon being projected in widescreen, they revealed him sitting in the back seat of the car taking notes!

I really enjoyed Duel, but frankly, this is the special feature I want to see!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I think it's the other way around.

The unmatted version reveals him, the matted version doesn't.

This is a lot like the infamous scenes in Pee-Wee's big Adventure.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I thought this info had been confirmed by Bouzereau a couple of months ago in an interview on DVDFile or elsewhere? DUEL, COLOR PURPLE and THE PRODUCERS are the three upcoming titles that I remember him mentioning late last year. Maybe everyone else here missed it. Or maybe I'm dreaming.

Tim RH

Second Unit
Can't wait for THE COLOR PURPLE and DUEL. It will be great to have a documentary about Spielberg's "early years" working in TV. Most people don't even know that's how he got his start. Thanks for the info.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
I hope that both cuts of Duel are on the disc. The original 70 or so minute TV version and the 90 or so minute european theatrical version. I've only seen the longer one. I'd like to see how TV audiences saw it originally but without the commercials of course. I don't want to go that far in, "the way it was intended to be." :D

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I thought this info had been confirmed by Bouzereau a couple of months ago in an interview on DVDFile or elsewhere? DUEL, COLOR PURPLE and THE PRODUCERS are the three upcoming titles that I remember him mentioning late last year. Maybe everyone else here missed it. Or maybe I'm dreaming.
Anthony -- you're not dreaming. Check the dates on the earlier posts -- this is a resurrected thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks