What's new

The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes - Full Frame Only (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Disney doesn't pay any respect to these releases, just as they didn't to the crop of releases like "White Fang" and "The Journey of Natty Gann" last year. They seem to take whatever low-budget, dirty, P&S transfers are already lying around and just put them on DVD and out the door they go. A very poor strategy in my opinion because I think they're really losing a lot of potential sales.
Back cover of The Absent-Minded Professor confirms that it's both "modified from it's original version" and colorized:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I think I should complain. It certainly isn't modified to fit MY television.
PASS :thumbsdown:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Why does only "Formatted to fit your screen" count as being "Modified from its original version"? The colorizing should be mentioned there as well.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
That's correct. I merely did an image link to the scan of the back cover at dvdempire.com. They scan the actual DVD when stock arrives. It's real.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I have totally lost all faith in Disney. First it's going to be full screen, now we learn it's colorized. Disney cannot be selling many of these releases that are pan & scan.

What's ironic is the studio's are claiming that they are making these pan & scan releases available because Wal-Mart and the like are pressuring them to. But I have yet to see any of these carried by Wal-Mart, Target, or Kmart.

They can't be selling well, since most people who prefer full screen aren't buying them, because they only shop at Wal-Mart, and we arn't buying them because they aren't OAR.

Do they WANT to LOSE money? Something ain't right.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I would tend to agree with your statements Joshua, but ...
I have yet to see any of these carried by Wal-Mart, Target, or Kmart.
Note that this group of Disney titles doesn't street until next week, 1/14. So we'll have to wait and see if Wal-Mart and the like carries them.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
If a film is truly open-matte (and very few are for the entire running time of the film), I will consider buying it in certain cases (as I can matte the film into letterboxed).

Colorized? Don't make me laugh. There's nothing you can do to fix the destruction of colorization.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Note that this group of Disney titles doesn't street until next week, 1/14. So we'll have to wait and see if Wal-Mart and the like carries them.
I was referring to the all of the previous pan & scan catalogue titles. There have been many in recent months, and the big three discount stores have not carried any of them, to my knowledge Max Keeble's Big Movie, and Snow Dogs excluded, but then they aren't catalogue titles, are they?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Well, time to call Disney's toll free number again and let them know that in addition to Blackbeard's Ghost, they also lost sales on Computer Wore TS and Absent-Minded Professor to me. They go onto the list along with MGM's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang of things to remember NOT to buy until they're done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks