What's new

The Complete "The Lord of the Rings: score - with 5.1 DVD (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I don't care that much about DVD-Audio, but the 5.1 DTS track on the DVD (Video) was a very nice bonus to the three CDs.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Doug Adams' posts notwithstanding, the good stuff is ostensibly in the Howard Shore interview with Jeff Bond in last month's Film Score Monthly.

Can an FSM subscriber kindly cut and paste the last paragraph in which Adams says Shore mentions a timeframe for a TTT release?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'd love to hear the ttt score. i think the regular version was the weakest one out of all 3. i hope the DVD-Audio version improves upon it.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
that's a long time =(. that means ROTK DVD-Audio in 11/07!!! i can't wait for ROTK as it it's my fav out of the trilogy.

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
Just got my copy today. No, prices aren't coming down much ($57 with shipping from Amazon).

Okay, here's my problem: when I put the DVD-A disc in, the menu comes up and plays music, but when I select a song, my counter will start but no sound comes out. I've never encountered this problem with my other DVD-As and SACDs. It's the old Pioneer 563A, but I was assured it had the firmware upgrade when I bought it (from a member here). Was I misled? Or is there a problem with this DVDA?

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Unfortunately Nathan, it sounds precisely like the 563A firmware issue impacting Warner DVD-A titles. What's the date of manufacture of the player (on the back) and when did you buy it?

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Nathan:

I think spring 2004 is the cutoff: players manufactured before that date need the firmware update. Were you told by the previous owner that the player had the firmware upgrade already by virtue of when it was manufactured, or because that owner had it performed? If the former, I think you were misled.

Check out the "Pio DV-563A firmware fix" thread here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=176281

And the "Pioneer DV-563A Review" thread here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=134989

The bottom line, if I recall correctly from when these threads were really "hot," is that you need to either request a CD from Pioneer, take the player to an authorized service center or ship the player to Pioneer. I recall different guys were having differing experiences regarding whether the firmware upgrade could be performed while you wait if they took it to an authorized service center (it can) and whether Pioneer paid for both shipping the player to them and returning it to the owner if he chose that route (you should ask Pio to pay for both).

I'm curious: do you have either the Neil Young Greendale or Seal IV DVD-As?

PattyFraser

Second Unit

That would be fine, if only they'd release the EEs in HD--I haven't watched the theatricals for years.

Back OT, I read that this score wil contain Eowyn's dirge and lament for her cousin Theodred, but Andy Serkis's "rock and pool" fish catching song is not on there. :frowning:

Jim Ware

Grip
Track listing courtesy of Doug Adams:

Disc One
1. Glamdring
2. Elven Rope
3. Lost In Emyn Muil
4. My Precious
5. Ugluks Warriors
6. The Three Hunters
7. The Banishment Of Eomer
8. Night Camp
9. The Plains Of Rohan
10. Fangorn
11. The Dead Marshes
12. Wraiths On Wings
13. Gandalf The White
14. The Dreams Of Trees
15. The Heir Of Numenor
16. Ent-draught

Disc Two
1. Edoras
2. The Court Of Meduseld
3. Theoden King
4. The Kings Decision
5. Exodus From Edoras
6. The Forests Of Ithilien
7. One Of The Dunedain
8. The Wolves Of Isengard
9. Refuge At Helms Deep
10.: The Voice Of Saruman
11. Arwens Fate
12. The Story Foretold
13. Sons Of The Steward
14. Rock And Pool
15. Faramirs Good Council

Disc Three
1. Aragorns Return
2. War Is Upon Us
3. Where Is The Horse And The Rider?
4. The Host Of The Eldar
5.: The Battle Of The Hornburg
6. The Breach Of The Deeping Wall
7. The Entmoot Decides
8. Retreat
9. Master Peregrins Plan
10. The Last March Of The Ents
11. The Nazgul Attack
12. Theoden Rides Forth
13. The Tales That Really Matter
14. Long Ways To Go Yet

Fantastic news! :)

With the exception of Ian McKellen and possibly Viggo Mortensen, the vocals on Fellowship were an incongruous addition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks