What's new

The Complete Peanuts (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It'll be years before anyone completes it. :)

I've got the first hardcover, and it's fantastic. I'm only up to 22 September 1951 (the strip started 2 October 1950), but it's shocking how great this is. A lot of these old strips have never been reprinted, and they've got a sharp wit missing from later years when Schulz was merely very good. The closest thing to a complaint is that the Sunday strips aren't in color, but that's not entirely a bad thing; it lets you see Sparky's linework clearly. The design of the book is also very good, and there's 30-page interview with Schulz at the end. My comic shop has this on my pull list, so I'm already eagerly looking forward to 1953-1954 in October.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Ever since Schulz passed away I was hoping someone would do this. I'm eagerly awaiting the first volume from Amazon.

I do wish they could have released them at a one-per-quarter rate. 6 years is a lot less daunting than 12+. I'll be pushing 60 by the time the series is complete. :eek:

Have to build a special shelf for these babies.

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator

I agree. I am a huge Peanuts fan and can't wait to get these. Now my family can't complain about what to get me for the next 12 years!!!

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks