What's new

The Complete Lone Ranger on DVD? (1 Viewer)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Thanks to my recent revisit of Maverick, I'm now interested in reconnecting with The Lone Ranger TV series, which used to air at lunchtime for several summers in my childhood. Being a bit of a completist, I'd love to seek out the entire 200+ episodes, but the only set that I can find that is complete is an OOP Collector's Edition that goes for princely sums on eBay!

There is a DVD set that contains the first two seasons of Clayton Moore, but there seem to be many DVD releases of the series. Does anybody know if the rest of the series--including the colour episodes and Moore's temporary replacement--are available on disc as well, or could point me to a site that would have the info? Poring over Amazon's listings for info is very frustrating! ;)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The only set I know of is long OOP - as you've discovered:
Amazon product

I passed on it because of the packaging thinking a non-book version would be issued. It never was.

I had to settle for these 2 releases:

First 2 seasons:
Amazon product

Same material in newer, less expensive, packaging from Universal instead of Classic Media:
Amazon product

21 episodes from Season 5:
Amazon product

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
All the episodes are up at YouTube. It appears to be a legal verified upload. The "About" page is signed.. "Classic Media". These are the same time-sped episodes that are on the Complete Collector's Collection set.

All the B&W episodes used the color opening in B&W. None of the episodes have the second part of the opening, "...with his faithful Indian companion, Tonto...".

Different uploader, showing the full 'Tonto' B&W opening.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredMediaSSI
Recent bookmarks