What's new

Directors The Complete DIRECTOR CHECKLIST USER GUIDE (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Blu-ray capable Michael? Blu-ray?! Of course...been so for 3 years now.......Isn't everybody these days? /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif
I'm ready for the next format where we'll be able to plug in and download movies directly into our craniums.
So the main feature last night was........[DRUM ROLL]...........Transformers: Revenge of the Sith. Can't seem to find your review ........is it hidden away somewhere? ........Got a link?
Anyway...yep this was a comedy in the same vein as Porky's or the average Farrelly Brothers feature /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif....Megan Fox turned in an Oscar worthy performance.......
1000x800px-LL-megan-fox-transformers-2-motorcycle-outfit-auction-500x300.png

the action, non-stop!!...the F/X top notch!!! however some of it was a bit to derivative of other Sci-fi epics.. ...the Terminatrix/Species hybrid, the lightsabre duels, Shia's Jedi powers, the Death Star battle.........I had to roll my eyes though when Megatron told Shia that he was his father (Oh COME ON!) then there was the epilog where Shia transforms into the Star Child [SLAPS FOREHEAD] /img/vbsmilies/htf/eek.gif
All in all it was a highly entertaining F/X romp that doesn't pretend to be anything more............I don't get all the hate for this, but what do I care?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
* bump * ...oh I forgot.
Jim, did you spot R2D2 in Transformers 2? I didn't either. Russell Grant found a site that spots R2D2's in every film ever made, it's in the new Star Trek too. There's some pictures in testy, one of Russell's recent posts. /img/vbsmilies/htf/sleep.gif

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Hey, how come i never saw this thread until now?

Jim, Steve, Michael, how are things?

So, Michael reviewed Orphan?! I will have to look it up, cause i sure have not stumbled across it. I saw Entertainment Weekly gave it a D.
I am not sure why i even read that magazine anymore. I am quickly growing tied of it, and disagree almost all the time with their reviews. Anyway, i hear its good.

Thats more than what i can say about Transformers 2. My most hated film of the summer. Oh, how i loved the first one. Hated almost everything about the second, even Megan Fox. I liked her in the first, but something about her? Maybe its all the hidden tattoos, that really turns me off.
Sam's mom, you could have cut out EVERY scene she was in, and the movie would have benefited greatly. She was sooo grating. I also found her to be very UNfunny. So, this movie didnt work as a comedy for me either.

My son, age 16, thought this was the best movie he saw this year. I am clearly out of touch...so be it.

Jim, what this thread needs is another of your bumps!

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve Christou /forum/thread/232123/the-complete-director-checklist-user-guide/60#post_3623559
Jim, did you spot R2D2 in Transformers 2? I didn't either. Russell Grant found a site that spots R2D2's in every film ever made, it's in the new Star Trek too. There's some pictures in testy, one of Russell's recent posts. /img/vbsmilies/htf/sleep.gif">
Nah, I didn't see R2-D2.. though with all that scrap metal flying around the Death Star, Millennium Falcoln and the Enterprise all could've been in there somewhere and I wouldn't have noticed. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

Pete York

Supporting Actor
This thread was like the boy's bathroom of the HTF. Then the Dean of Students walked in. And then he bummed a smoke and it was cool again. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
nice analogy there Pete, I might have to borrow that someday. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif
Rick, that picture almost makes me wish I were a piece of fruit.................

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
Originally Posted by Brook K /forum/thread/232123/the-complete-director-checklist-user-guide/60#post_3637450
What happened to this being sticky?
I wondered that too, until last night I finally realized... there's a massive link at the top of the Polls page (above all the thread listings).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks