What's new

The Columbia/Sony Wishlist Thread (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I just read all of the new information on the site, but saw nothing about Kim Novak. Can somebody point out where they read that?

Thanks,

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Originally Posted by Eric Peterson

I just read all of the new information on the site, but saw nothing about Kim Novak. Can somebody point out where they read that?

Thanks,
It's mentioned in the "In Production" column called Fade to Color. The last two paragraphs.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It's mentioned in the "In Production" column called Fade to Color. The last two paragraphs.

Thanks Marcel. For some reason, i had the BLOG section bookmarked and I couldn't get back to the homepage which is why I couldn't find it.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Really looking forward to that second noir set; Human Desire, Nightfall and Pushover are near the top of my wanted list. I expect to enjoy this even more than the first volume, and that was no slouch.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Originally Posted by Dave B Ferris

That would be great! I was thinking the wait would be much longer.
So the Columbia Noir set and Warner Film Noir 5 will be released in the space of 1 week!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Bradley-E

I'd like to see THE BLACK BIRD again. It has not been available since the VHS Days.

I will go with you on that one too, for I would really like to see this again. George Segal as Sam Spade's son was a hoot, but also adding the great Lee Patrick still playing the Effie the secretary along with Elisha Cook Jr. also repeating his role as Wilbur Cook from The Maltese Falcon help the picture along. And anything Lionel Stander does is great fun to watch.

While it missed on some levels, it takes a few viewings to really appreciate the humor and lines.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by ahollis

I will go with you on that one too, for I would really like to see this again. George Segal as Sam Spade's son was a hoot, but also adding the great Lee Patrick still playing the Effie the secretary along with Elisha Cook Jr. also repeating his role as Wilbur Cook from The Maltese Falcon help the picture along. And anything Lionel Stander does is great fun to watch.

While it missed on some levels, it takes a few viewings to really appreciate the humor and lines.
I remember liking this film when it was released; I was a young teenager and kind of understood the references as I did with Murder By Death 6 months later. I'd love to see it again to see now, I'm sure i'd enjoy it even more. It seems to have vanished; I do not think TCM has ever played it, they could do a spoof series and show this film, Murder By Death and The Cheap Detective back to back.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

Originally Posted by Jon Hertzberg

Another plug for THE STONE KILLER and HARD TIMES in its OAR again.
Yes, HARD TIMES would be great to have OAR again...on Blu ray. Perhaps a SE with participation from Walter Hill.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Greatly looking forward to FILM NOIR COLLECTION 2 and the KIM NOVAK set.

Apart from a WHISTLER collection, EARLY FRANK CAPRA and the proposed-but-shelved PETER LORRE collection, some other Sony releases I'd like to see--

An ICONS OF WESTERNS: SPAGHETTI WESTERNS set, containing:
THE BIG GUNDOWN (1966, starring Lee Van Cleef, and with an outstanding Ennio Morricone score, which is one of the very best films in the entire genre, holding its own against the Sergio Leone classics)
SEVEN GUNS FOR THE MACGREGORS (1966, apparently not so hot, but it fits the theme)
SEVEN WOMEN FOR THE MACGREGORS (1967, ditto)
THE STRANGER AND THE GUNFIGHTER (1976, Lee Van Cleef)

Also, an ICONS OF WESTERNS: ADVENTURES OF WINNETOU set (all starring Pierre Brice as the title character, teamed with American and international stars):

TREASURE OF SILVER LAKE (1962, U.S. release in 1965) co-starring Lex Barker & Herbert Lom
APACHE GOLD (1963, U.S. release in 1965) co-starring Lex Barker
WINNETOU: LAST OF THE RENEGADES (1964, U.S. release in 1966) co-starring Lex Barker & Klaus Kinski
FRONTIER HELLCAT (1964, U.S. release in 1966) co-starring Stewart Granger & Elke SommerRAMPAGE AT APACHE WELLS (1965, U.S. release in 1966) co-starring Stewart Granger
THE DESPERADO TRAIL (1965, U.S. release in 1968) co-starring Lex Barker
WINNETOU: THUNDER AT THE BORDER (1966, U.S. release in 1967) co-starring Rod Cameron & Todd Armstrong

A double-feature disc of the animated films 1001 ARABIAN NIGHTS (1959, Mr. Magoo) and THE LITTLE PRINCE AND THE EIGHT-HEADED DRAGON (1963-Japanese, supposedly a major inspiration for the look of SAMURAI JACK)

Sci-Fi and/or Horror collections that would gather together the following:

CRY OF THE WEREWOLF (1944)
SOUL OF A MONSTER (1944)
THE WOMAN WHO CAME BACK (1945)
THE MAD MAGICIAN (1954)
THE GAMMA PEOPLE (1956)
THE MAN WHO TURNED TO STONE (1957)
THE NIGHT THE WORLD EXPLODED (1957)
THE 27TH DAY (1957)
THE THIRTY-FOOT BRIDE OF CANDY ROCK (1959)
12 TO THE MOON (1960)
VALLEY OF THE DRAGONS (1961)
A STUDY IN TERROR (1965)
SUPERARGO VS DIABOLICUS (1966)
BERSERK (1967)
CORRUPTION (1968)
THE MAD ROOM (1969)
THE MIND OF MR. SOAMES (1970)
CREATURES THE WORLD FORGOT (1971)
WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS (1978)

Two ICONS OF ESPIONAGE sets, one reality-based, the other goofy fantasy:

MAN ON A STRING (1960)
THE DEADLY AFFAIR (1966)
THE LOOKING GLASS WAR (1969)

KISS THE GIRLS AND MAKE THEM DIE (1967)
ASSIGNMENT K (1968)
HAMMERHEAD (1968)

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Film Noir 2 and Lim Novak are both no-brainer for me.

But what about the Stanwyck/Capra set, will it be released in 2010? And the before announced Hayworth set? I can not wait for them.

Hope there will be more classic comedies and noir in the future.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Originally Posted by RafaelPires

Peter,
Did you hear anything about Sony giving the Peter Lorre set idea up?

No, I just figured that since there was never any official press release (if I recall correctly), and it's been a long time since Sony's Mike S mentioned anything about it, the Lorre set was put on the back-burner, in favor of the many excellent Sony releases we've seen over the last year or so.

I certainly hope the set hasn't been permanently deep-sixed, as I particularly want THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK (1941), and it's not the sort of thing that would likely succeed these days as a stand-alone release. With Sony's William Castle, Hammer horror/suspense and Toho titles taken care of, I wonder if the Peter Lorre Collection is in the cards for a Halloween 2010 release?

Anyway, despite my posting manner, I'm no industry insider (just another film buff/fan/disc addict), so I apologize if I worried anyone unduly.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Classicflix has the specs and the cover art:

BONUS FEATURES:

• Terror and Desire with Emily Mortimer
  • Martin Scorsese on The Brothers Rico
  • Pulp Paranoia with Christopher Nolan

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Am I going crazy or something, but I thought "In A Lonely Place" was going to be part of this set? Is there another set coming? I passed on a stand-alone version of this multiple times because of an upcoming set. Somebody straighten me out.

Either way, I can't wait to pick this up. I watched "Human Desire" last year and enjoyed it tremendously.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Originally Posted by Eric Peterson

Am I going crazy or something, but I thought "In A Lonely Place" was going to be part of this set? Is there another set coming? I passed on a stand-alone version of this multiple times because of an upcoming set. Somebody straighten me out.
In a Lonely Place was initially supposed to be in this set but was replaced by Human Desire. Personally, I'm glad the swap was made; it cuts out the double dip and Lang's film is one I want pretty badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks