What's new

The Columbia/Sony Wishlist Thread (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Call me MOD but I preordered some, too, from Deep Discount DVD, which has them for $17.86.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I think it's great that most of the titles have their original poster cover art. Hopefully, since Warners was the guinea pig for the MOD programs, Sony's efforts will go a little smoother than the Archives birth. That being said, my mouth is salivating at some of those titles!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Strange they are up on the ColPix site but no press release yet ... :)

I also noticed on 99% of the listings, they don't list the release dates!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
As with all the MOD lines, I have mixed feelings on this as there are some titles that I am just happy to see available in any format due to their obscurity and others which I feel deserve a pressed release.

The Mind of Mr Soames has been in my top 10 most wanted list for over 25 years so that is a definite purchase for me.

Several of these titles are available in the UK and I am happy to have purchased them seeing how they didn't make it to a pressing here:

10 Rillington Place - Special Edition

Day in the Death of Joe Egg, A

Flight of the Doves

Pumpkin Eater, The

Study in Terror, A

As with all these programs, I will only buy my top most wanted titles if I can get them for $15 or under, and other titles if they fall below $12.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Good to see some guinea pigs in here.

Currently I'm interested in four titles but I'll wait till the first reviews/statements pop up.

By the way I asked them directly on their standard DVD plans. The "Collector's Choice" and "Icons of..." line has to continue.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
they've all been playing on cable this year & all the prints look to be in great condition. heads-up, sony!!!

suddenly there are new releases just coming at me from all sides, my head is spinning! i've got over a dozen titles on pre-order, right thru december... i can hardly keep up!!

i better start signing up for overtime, right away!!

BillWatkins

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Since the MOD program is underway, here's some more suggestions:

The Captain Hates the Sea (1934)

The King Steps Out (1936)

The Phantom Wagon (1939)

They Dare Not Love (1941)

Gallant Journey (1946)

The Mob (1951)

The Happy Time (1952)

China Venture (1953)

The Night Holds Terror (1955)

The Houston Story (1956)

The Tijuana Story (1957)

Fortune is a Woman (1957)

This Angry Age (1958)

Once More, with Feeling! (1960)

The Tiger Makes Out (1967)

The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun (1970)

Fools' Parade (1971)

Une Belle Fille Comme Moi (1972)

Stardust (1974)

Welcome Home (1989)

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
The second half of the "Czar of Noir" article is up on the Columbia Classics website now.

Originally Posted by Marcel H.

According to the Bits Ishtar (1987) will probably be relased on DVD and Blu-ray next year .

I must have missed this but I just finished reading the bits article now. Anybody else find it strange that they would choose to release this title on not just DVD, but on Blu-Ray and at the same time they announce a MOD service? I guess Sony must have some piece of marketing data that indicates this will sell...

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Originally Posted by MLamarre

The second half of the "Czar of Noir" article is up on the Columbia Classics website now.

So, is it a good sign for a third Columbia Noir boxed set?

Nicksame

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicksame
Use Automation Get WOW Gold. Speaking of limiting factors, I would suggest that taking a good look at your (RS Gold)business and determine what it is. Money, time, profession availability and inventory space are all common ones. My business is limited mostly by time but also by inventory space and professions. I don't have the time to do everything I'm capable of, I take more time (Buy WOW Gold)crafting than I would if I had less inventory (longer AFK stretches means more efficient crafting), and I don't have the time to level another character to get the (WOW Gold sale)last two maxed-out profession slots I want. I know my limitations and work around them.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
Ladies in Retirement, The Wrong Box, Screaming Mimi, and The Deadly Affair are shipping from DeepDiscount so they can be crossed off the master list. The New Hollywood Boxset and A Study in Terror under the Planned section can be crossed off too.

BillWatkins' suggestions from above need to be added as well.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
First update in 2011. The Made On Demand Discs were added, as well as BillWatkins' suggestions and the release dates of "The Heroes of the Telemark" and "The Night of the Generals".

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
I'm guessing the release of these two titles means that there will be no War boxset. Hope they release The Victors, it's the title I wanted most.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Updated the list and added the MOD discs from February till June.

Btw. any update on the Capra/Stanwyck set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks