What's new

The Color of Money: SE? (1 Viewer)

DarrenA

Second Unit
With the Hustler coming out on Tuesday, I was hoping that Buena Vista might see fit to give The Color of Money a special edition treatment since it's first release is a very poor DVD (non-anamorphic) with zero extras at all!
I am a fan of both The Hustler and The Color of Money. It amazes me that a movie made in the early '60s can look better than a movie made in the late '80s. The Color of Money is truly deserving of much better treatment on DVD.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Back in the day I had The Color of Money on VHS but haven't seen it in years. I'd definately get it if an SE DVD were released. I've yet to see The Hustler, if it's priced right i'll pick it up.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea, but I'd buy an SE. I have the current release, but that's a disc worth replacing.

"I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's...and his hair was perfect."

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
Carl,

The Hustler is right priced ($14.44 at Target). Watched it on Sunday. Great transfer, great movie.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I passed this title the first time around because it was non-anamorphic. Obviously, if a special edition comes out, I would be very interested.

Bruce

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The COlor of Money is just a re-release. The original release also made the same error of stating it was 16:9. The R2/4 version is 16:9 enhanced, so there really is no excuse for Disney to slate customers in R1 on this title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks