What's new

The Closet - A.K.A. Le Placard (1 Viewer)

This film was recently recommended to me. I just wanted to get a few opinions on whether this DVD was worth a purchase outright or I should rent it first. Thanks in advance.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Since this thread concerns a DVD, I'm moving it to Home Theater Software.
I was very amused by The Closet in the theater, but I don't know how much repeat value it would have. My standard advice is never to buy a disc of a movie you haven't seen unless you're prepared to accept the possibility that you may hate the movie. If you have a low tolerance for risk, always rent first.
M.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
I also suggest renting it first. While I enjoyed it, I'm afraid that the repeat value is also not there.

~Edwin

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Funny film. I'd say rent first, although if you liked The Dinner Game (also directed by Francis Veber), I think you'll probably like this. Some of the jokes are funnier if you know who Daniel Auteuil and Gerard Depardieu's cinematic reputations.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I also thought it was funny, even very funny at times, but still wasn't a purchase for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks