What's new

The Clone Wars coming to Disney+ (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
^ Yeah, this was a pretty amazing one this week, and I can't wait to see how the show finally deals with "Order 66" in full, here. I recently read the canon novel Ahsoka, and was thrilled to learn that author E.K. Johnston coordinated closely with Dave Filoni and his crew while writing it, which occurred while the scripting of the final Disney+ TV-season was underway. At first I was wondering why
Johnston didn't depict any action-sequences set during the Siege of Mandalore during the book's opening, and I just read in an interview that she deliberately wrote around that backstory in order to let Filoni's show cover that particular aspect.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
None of the episodes have been bad but since it's the final 12 episodes, it seemed unnecessary to me to spend 4 of them (1/3 of the season!) on a story of Ahsoka befriending people who live in the underground of Coruscant. Once again, the episodes aren't bad but I'd have rather seen that story cut to two episodes and have a couple Padme episodes or a couple episodes focusing on the clones or a couple episodes on Hondo Ohnaka and his criminal buddies.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just saw Part 1 of the Mandalore story. Wow - terrific episode. One of the best yet.

(Mandalorian fans, please remind me: In the flashbacks to when he is a kid on Mandalore, we don't see who rescues him from that Super Battle Droid, do we? Could it be Ashoka?)

I hope this final season gets a proper blu-ray release.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Finally caught up to episode 9. Looks like they really went all out for the Siege of Mandalore arc and I can't wait to see the rest. Even if we know that

both Maul and Ahsoka survive this.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Interesting videos on starwars.com this week. There's one on Ray Park doing motion capture for Maul.

This month's The Star Wars Show has a nice Q&A with George Lucas and Dave Filoni (it was shot prior to the pandemic so there's no spoilers) on the series. It starts about 9:00 minutes in.

Also, each week they put up a decent 5 or so minute behind the scenes look at each week's episode.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I've been watching Rebels (had only watched through S1 prior) and just finished season 2 yesterday. It's been nice to see the end of Season 2 concurrently with these final episodes of TCW as backstory. The only inconsistency being
that Maul pretty much lays out Sidious's plans for Anakin to Ahsoka, but she doesn't really make the connection that he is Vader until Rebels.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching Rebels (had only watched through S1 prior) and just finished season 2 yesterday. It's been nice to see the end of Season 2 concurrently with these final episodes of TCW as backstory. The only inconsistency being
that Maul pretty much lays out Sidious's plans for Anakin to Ahsoka, but she doesn't really make the connection that he is Vader until Rebels.
That kinda raises a question that I've wondered about from the Expanded Universe days until now- how well known is Darth Vader? Princess Leia knows him by name in ANH so he's clearly known to at least high ranking members of the government but to me, it seems like Vader is a guy that doesn't want or get much of the spotlight so I don't think the average galactic citizen has a clue who he is.

It's been a few years since I've seen the Rebels episodes but how do Kanan and Ezra refer to him in the episodes with Vader? And what does Ahsoka call him in her episodes?

As for Ahsoka, I think after Order 66, she doesn't think he (or Obi-Wan or Yoda or any members of the Council) survived because if he had, he'd have stopped the Emperor. Plus, her even considering the idea that Anakin would fall to the dark side is as impossible as me saying that I can flap my arms fast enough to fly. It's too horrible and too impossible to even consider him being the Emperor's apprentice.

Last edited:

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
That kinda raises a question that I've wondered about from the Expanded Universe days until now- how well known is Darth Vader? Princess Leia knows him by name in ANH so he's clearly known to at least high ranking members of the government but to me, it seems like Vader is a guy that doesn't want or get much of the spotlight so I don't think the average galactic citizen has a clue who he is.

It's been a few years since I've seen the Rebels episodes but how do Kanan and Ezra refer to him in the episodes with Vader? And what does Ahsoka call him in her episodes?

As for Ahsoka, I think after Order 66, she doesn't think he (or Obi-Wan or Yoda or any members of the Council) survived because if he had, he'd have stopped the Emperor. Plus, her even considering the idea that Anakin would fall to the dark side is as impossible as me saying that I can flap my arms fast enough to fly. It's too horrible and too impossible to even consider him being the Emperor's apprentice.

None of them (including Ahsoka) know who he is when they encounter him at the Siege of Lothal. Vader immediately recognizes Ahsoka though. So I guess Vader had just been laying low for a while to this point? I can understand Kanan and Ezra not knowing who he is, but I would expect Ahsoka should.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I was up early this morning so I decided to watch Revenge of the Sith prior to seeing Pt. 3. I found myself wishing I could see a Clone Wars-production team remake of Revenge, I think it would be a big improvement. IMO Matt Lanter's portrayal of Anakin is light years ahead of cringy whiney Hayden Christensen.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Wow. Amazing episode in every way. Can’t wait for the finale (which airs Monday).

No spoilers for the current episode, but does anyone remember an earlier CW when one or more of the clones discover a chip in their head and remove it? Can’t remember who that was.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It took almost 21 years but I finally found myself rooting for Maul when he was taking on the clones.

No spoilers for the current episode, but does anyone remember an earlier CW when one or more of the clones discover a chip in their head and remove it? Can’t remember who that was.
It was Fives. He discovered the chip in the first few episodes of Season Six. Here's Fives' entry on Wookieepedia: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/CT-5555

And the Wookieepedia on the clone control chips: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Control_chip

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
An amazing last four episodes that give Revenge of the Sith a run for its money, but lets not forget that these four episode work so well BECAUSE of Episode III, not in spite of it.

Would like to see them put these four episodes together as one movie as Id pretty much watch this with any repeat viewings of the saga. Can we hope for an Ultra HD release of the whole series ?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Once again, I don't want to oversell it but what an exciting episode. These episodes aren't just a highpoint in The Clone Wars, they're a highpoint in all of Star Wars. Fantastic episodes!

The greatest trick of the episode is that
I obviously knew that Ahsoka and Rex would survive but there were multiple times that it seemed like they were going to die.

All the stuff with the Republic cruiser crashing was just beautifully animated. Also, the part where Maul destroys the hyperdrive was pretty incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks