What's new

The Classic Wega Uneven Brightness and SBRT "bandaid fix" (1 Viewer)

Hey Guys,
I did the SBRT (sub-brightness)adjustment in the service menu to try to fix the damn dark vertical stripes in dark scenes. Originaly the value was 14 and I reduced it to 9. This seemed to help. I recalibrated with avia to get my brightness back to proper level, and low and behold, it DID help, notice i did not say fix, but it did help enough to NOT make me have a tech come and replace that elusive coil that seems to be the fix. Anyway, with the recalibration the brightness in the USER menue is now set to 50 out of 64 notches, and this translates to about 78 percent brightness, now that the sbrt has been lowered. Is this 78% a problem to the health of my monitor? It certaintly does not seem over bright, it looks great b/c of the avia disc, this leads me to believe that the nothces on the user menu are simply relative to the settings in the values of the service menu. Am I right in assuming this?

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Yes, you're right.

The actual numbers don't be anything, at all. All that matters is the physical brightness of the tube; you're not worried about wearing out the electronics...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks