What's new

The Classic titles of Paramount owned by Universal (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
About the RKO "B" libary - most of what Turner airs (and some of the MOD) have been the pre-turner transfers from the late 1980's!

Still, at least it's there. Some of the RKO B-pictures are fund to watch.

Now, about those Monograms :)

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
TCM is airing another "rare," or at least not on DVD, Paramount film tonight at 10pm: Skylark (1941) with Claudette Colbert and Ray Milland.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well I hope Among the Living comes out one day...
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers is a EXCELLENT film , and the DVD to me blew away the Film Chest Blu Ray... one the blu rays I passed in favor of the DVD

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
jdee28 said:
TCM is airing another "rare," or at least not on DVD, Paramount film tonight at 10pm: Skylark (1941) with Claudette Colbert and Ray Milland.
A Nice transfer...must have been just done as it opened with the new Universal/Comcast Logo :)

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
DeWilson said:
A Nice transfer...must have been just done as it opened with the new Universal/Comcast Logo :)
Actually may be an encouraging sign that Comcast is getting off its duff and finally exploiting that vast Universal/classic Paramount library.... hopefully...

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Skylark was indeed a beautiful transfer. My wife and I commented on its pristine quality; had seen it ages ago in a, probably, 16mm print.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Camps said:
Actually may be an encouraging sign that Comcast is getting off its duff and finally exploiting that vast Universal/classic Paramount library.... hopefully...
Not sure about that - classic Paramount title have aired on TCM in the past,and continue to pop up. Still, if TCM can go to them and get certain titles to air, then it's a good thing, even if it's not a "package". Unlike Sony/Columbia where they've actually scheduled films and then they can't find usable prints in the vault!

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
DeWilson said:
Not sure about that - classic Paramount title have aired on TCM in the past,and continue to pop up. Still, if TCM can go to them and get certain titles to air, then it's a good thing, even if it's not a "package". Unlike Sony/Columbia where they've actually scheduled films and then they can't find usable prints in the vault!
Like happened a couple of years ago with their scheduling of FOG ('33) I suppose. Still, duly appreciative of TCM and Sony/Columbia for all they have managed to do.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Camps said:
Like happened a couple of years ago with their scheduling of FOG ('33) I suppose. Still, duly appreciative of TCM and Sony/Columbia for all they have managed to do.
...and rarely seen Columbia films have been airing on GetTV - ones that haven't played TCM or released on Sony's MOD line

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
DeWilson said:
A few years ago, they showed Lucky Jordan with Alan Ladd. It opened with the MCA Television logo. I felt like I was watching the Late Late Show in 1965.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks