The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mike~Sileck, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

I just picked up this WS animated title for 10 bux at Sam Goody. On a whim too, so before I open, I'm asking around ... whats the opinion on this disk? Back of disk says it's a bridge between PB and CoR, and its animated by the Animatrix guy. I loved animatrix, and I'm a big Riddick fan, so should I take the dive? Anyone with any ideas please let me know..

Mike

2. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

I just picked up this WS animated title for 10 bux at Sam Goody. On a whim too, so before I open, I'm asking around ... whats the opinion on this disk? Back of disk says it's a bridge between PB and CoR, and its animated by the Animatrix guy. I loved animatrix, and I'm a big Riddick fan, so should I take the dive? Anyone with any ideas please let me know..

Mike

3. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

I got mine yesterday too but haven't given it a spin yet. As far as I know though it's not getting the best reviews. IGN gave the feature itself 5 out of 10 and the disc got a pretty bad overall rating in portions of video (for not being anamorphic) and audio. Still, for only 10 bucks it would look wierd in my collection to have Pitch Black and then The Chronicles of Riddick without the bridge between them.

I still can't believe Universal didn't make this anamorphic, their Van Helsing animated disc wasn't either. Here it's 2004 and there's still non-anamorphic releases happening.

4. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

I got mine yesterday too but haven't given it a spin yet. As far as I know though it's not getting the best reviews. IGN gave the feature itself 5 out of 10 and the disc got a pretty bad overall rating in portions of video (for not being anamorphic) and audio. Still, for only 10 bucks it would look wierd in my collection to have Pitch Black and then The Chronicles of Riddick without the bridge between them.

I still can't believe Universal didn't make this anamorphic, their Van Helsing animated disc wasn't either. Here it's 2004 and there's still non-anamorphic releases happening.

5. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I watched it last night.
    I think it's pretty damn good.
    It picks up where Pitch Black left off and filled in some of the back story for CoR.
    I definitely enjoyed it more than CoR.

6. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I watched it last night.
    I think it's pretty damn good.
    It picks up where Pitch Black left off and filled in some of the back story for CoR.
    I definitely enjoyed it more than CoR.

7. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Fucking ponderous, man. Ponderous. Fucking ponderous.
    -Casey Kasem

8. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Fucking ponderous, man. Ponderous. Fucking ponderous.
    -Casey Kasem

9. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

I watched it last night, and I enjoyed the animated short a lot. Not only did it explain how they get seperated at the end, but also shows Jack's first kill. If you seen the sequel, then you know where this is going.
    I suggest you watch the show, as I bet you will enjoy it.

10. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

I watched it last night, and I enjoyed the animated short a lot. Not only did it explain how they get seperated at the end, but also shows Jack's first kill. If you seen the sequel, then you know where this is going.
    I suggest you watch the show, as I bet you will enjoy it.