What's new

"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I was pretty impressed by this movie. I've never read the books. But I did rewatch the first movie prior to seeing this one. I thought the first entry was well made but did suffer through its family-friendliness. There was just no danger. There was nothing at stake. As soon as anyone died, Alsan just roared or Lucy ran around with her magic potion and they came back to life. While the latter is still used in this film, it's only done twice and I didn't really mind it so much since there's more carnage all around.

This time around, it's a much darker affair. Even though there's no blood, the battles seemed more real. Characters did die and ultimately the world felt much more dangerous. The characters clicked better and the actors did a better job in their roles. I liked the battle sequences and they did a superb job with the special effects. Overall, I'd say it's a very entertaining movie. I think it may be my favorite of the three summer movies I've seen (Iron Man & Speed Racer being the other two).

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I saw this yesterday and loved it more than I expected to, it was a huge improvement over L,W&W. There was something about that movie that was just off to me but I can't put my finger on it. I got caught up in Caspian's story from beginning to end. I love the darker tone to the story and the great battle scenes. I really felt for the characters this time around, though I thought Peter turned into a jerk for most of he movie and Susan seemed to scowl too much. I understand what the filmmakers were trying to get across with these characters but it made it very hard for me to like them. Their attitudes didn't have the same impact as Edmund's did in the first movie.

And even though the fight between Peter and Miraz was bloodless, I loved it. This is the type of sword fight that I've been wanting to see for a long time. This was one of the few times, that I can think of, where the characters looked like they were actually trying to kill each other. Most sword fights look more like fencing matches than duels, this is what hurt the POTC movies for me.

Peter Dinklage was really good as Trumpkin, I liked Barnes as Caspian and loved Reepacheep. I liked the kids from the first movie more this time, especially at the end. I just wish Edmund had more screen time, him and Lucy were more interesting than Peter and Susan.

I walked out of the theater wanting to see this again, I think I enjoyed it more than Iron Man, only because it felt more satisfying story and action wise. Iron Man was more entertaining but felt like something was missing and I wanted more scenes of him in action. Anyways, I can't wait for Voyage of the Dawn Treader, that is my favourite book of the Narnia Series.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I liked the last film better, but then I also liked its book better. That said, I really enjoyed this movie. Adamson does a great job of never losing track of the emotional threads in all of the violence. I didn't really care about the battles, but I did care about the kids. Georgie Henley, the youngest of the four, gets first billing and absolutely deserves it. She carried this film on her shoulders and gave it the necessary depth. Because, even with the war waging, it's really a story about faith. When they were young and innocent, Aslan came to them. Now that they're older and more jaded, they need to make the effort to come to Him. I really liked the way the film maintained the religious overtones without beating the audience over the head with them. William Mosley and Anna Popplewell have done fine, but if two of the kids had to go, I'm glad its them. I'm definitely going to miss Georgie Henley after Dawn Treader though. She adds so much to these movies, by letting us see the world through Lucy's wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks