What's new

The Chronicles of Narnia - April 4th confirmed (1 Viewer)

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator
While Narnia is coming to Blu-Ray this year don't expect it with the DVD. The first Blu-Ray player is set for late April and there will be no titles until there are players. Hopefully we will get Narnia in Blu-Ray come May.

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't planning on going to hi-def DVD just yet, but knowing that Narnia will be on Blu-Ray makes me want to break down and get one.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
DavisDVD got the specs list for Narnia:

Sounds like they gave it some decent extras. Nice to see two commentaries and 10 hours of extras.
I'll certainly be grabbing the 2-Disc set. :)

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to an early preview for the DVD next week along with Chicken Little. I'll let you know the details when I get back on Wednesday night.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Knowing Disney's typical (poor) image quality with live-action DVD titles, and knowing how spectacularly-clear this was on projected 35mm in the theater...I'd *pass* on the DVD and *wait* for the Blu-ray version.

I'll try to review as in-depth as I can with all versions...but as usual I suspect that the DVD will offer sub-par image quality.

Shane,

this early preview of yours...what type of viewing equipment (or do you now know?). Please post the details when you get them!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't look like any deleted scenes will be included. Hopefully Davisdvd didn't get all of the special features.

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
Shane and I just got back from the preview of Narnia and Chicken Little with Disney. We put up the exact specs as given to us and have written up a little description of what we saw and did. It was a lot of fun.

Check it out

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Jon,

Great link and content! Looks like you guys had a GREAT experience. I'd be so psyched.

I searched over it and didn't see where you may have mentioned your impression of the image quality of the feature film (did I miss it?). Can you share your impressions of the video? Do you know if the disc you previewed will be the same one released in the U.S.?

thanks!

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hey David,

Unfortunately, the DVD wasn't complete so we only got a sneak peak at the extra features. The BVHE lady (I can't remember her name) who's in charge of live action films on DVD made the presentation and said that the DVD will be done any day. So, we didn't get to see the Video or the hear the audio. They didn't have that great of a setup - just your typical presentation with a low end projector with some computer speakers.

We were able to confirm though that they will be offering it only in Widescreen. I'm suppose to get a copy hot off the press as soon as they're printed so hopefully I'll be able to let you know as soon as I know.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I'd like to commend Buena Vista for not only doing a simultaneous release of standard and SE (instead of double-dipping), but also for doing the right thing when it comes to pricing this dual release! I've had it up to here with Universal or Fox upping the SRP of the 2-disc set to $40 instead of lowering the SRP of the 1-discer to $20 on their dual releases.

Chris

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Shane,

thanks for the info! Anytime there's an empty seat next time you guys are going up to B.V...let me know... :D

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
Shane basically filled you in David, but yes...the disc content we previewed will be exactly the same as the US version. Only the packaging will likely differ. Actually, each feature came with a videocard infront of it that flashed for a split second that I think marked them as coming straight from the Disney studio at Burbank.

Amazingly, the final Chicken Little disc was completed only the day before and they mentioned it would be going out for review anytime now.

As for the seat next to us, we'll keep it ready for you. ;)

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know. It was something I was going to ask, but it completely slipped my mind when we were in there.

I'm going to email them and find out. We do know for a fact that it has a couple of easter eggs on it. I'm hoping one of them is The Chronic-WHAT-cles of Narnia SNL skit.

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
He mean's we do know for a fact that there are easter eggs. We just don't know what's on them, so keep your fingers crossed Todd.

Someone needs their zzz's. ;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
If I am willing to throw down some Hamilton's for this disc...It better be on their! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks