What's new

The Christopher Lee Collection - Blue Underground box set - September 2003 (1 Viewer)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Blue Underground are releasing a four-disc set of Christopher Lee movies on September the 30th.

The set will contain The Blood of Fu Manchu, The Castle of Fu Manchu, The Circus of Fear and The Bloody Judge. The latter film is a bonus disc in the box set - the others will be available separately.

For full details, and sleeve images, visit: http://www.zetaminor.com/whatsnew.htm

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Where the fuck is "Star Wars" and "Lord of the Rings"?:laugh:

Seriously though, it's good to see Fu Manchu on disc (though it would have been nice to see "Face..." included as well) and another horror camp fest and big budget Jess Franco aren't too shabby either. Not something I'm going to pick up considering everything else coming out so soon, but good to see that it's out there.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I really can't wait to hear the fan reviews to this set. In all honesty, it should be called THE JESS FRANCO COLLECTION but I guess Chris Lee can bring in more fans. Those expecting a "normal" Chris Lee movie will probably be in for a shock. THE BLOODY JUDGE and the two FU MANCHU films are all Franco who hasn't been widely seen yet, although he has over 175 movies out there (around 40 on DVD).

THE BLOODY JUDGE has at least five versions out there so it'll be interesting to see which one is released. I'm really hoping Blue Underground will release more than just one version, which is something Image hasn't done. Considering there are usually at least 2-3 versions of each Franco film, we need all of them or at least 2 of them. :)

Night of the Blood Monster is the American version, which cuts out most of the violence and nudity along with a lot of dialogue scenes. The Bloody Judge from the UK is missing several scenes including violence and nudity. The German version, Der Hexentöter von Blackmoor uses various alternate takes and features some sex/nudity, which is cut from other versions. This German cut is more complete than the Spanish version, which is missing any "touching" or cloths being ripped off. The Italian version, Il trono di fuocco features an alternate opening and closing sequence and I think that's it.

However, it should be noted that there is no "official" director's cut of THE BLOODY JUDGE because the original film was pretty much just the Christopher Lee stuff. After Lee left the set Franco and the producer went back and shot all the violence, sex and nudity to make the film sell. Various countries got alternate scenes and alternate gore/nude scenes. Depending on that countries "tastes" in the subject matter. Rumor has it that there's a XXX version, which includes hardcore inserts but many say this here is a fake and wasn't shot by Franco.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Todd, can you tell me about some of BU's other titles? I've seen them on the shelves but usually I'm totally unfamiliar with the films themselves. But I've been tempted a few times.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Rob...
check out their website (specifically here) for in-depth info on each of their titles.

They are quickly knocking Anchor Bay out of the top slot of independent DVD producers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks