What's new

The Children's Hour (1961) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The film probably hasn't aged well in regard to its main subject, but it's certainly an interesting time capsule.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Watch it this time for Fay Bainter's masterly performance as the grandmother of the lying child. It's the stuff of Greek tragedy. It provokes a feeling of catharsis: horror and pity.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Cameron Yee said:
The film probably hasn't aged well in regard to its main subject, but it's certainly an interesting time capsule.
It's still relevant today. Each and every bit of it. Maybe not as pronounced as it once was, but the storylines still happen today.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks for providing that perspective. I don't want to take anything for granted, and I don't doubt that the inner struggles and external pressures / prejudices persist despite some advances.

I was thinking more about the script's own coyness about "the 'L' word" and its tendency to treat the whole scenario as a tragedy with only one possible course of action.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Cameron Yee said:
Thanks for providing that perspective. I don't want to take anything for granted, and I don't doubt that the inner struggles and external pressures / prejudices persist despite some advances.

I was thinking more about the script's own coyness about "the 'L' word" and its tendency to treat the whole scenario as a tragedy with only one possible course of action.

Ah, got it. In some places in the country/world, that may still be an issue. I was thinking more of the ending when I replied earlier. That's certainly relevant today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks