What's new

The Chicago Code - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I missed last week's episode, so I just got caught up. This week's was excellent. Yes, the wording about a "two part finale" was very ackward. I figured my DVR skipped the second half, but the promos confirmed it will air next week. It did deserve more of a chance, but if they wrap everything in the final show, I'll be okay with it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

It's too Bad FX or TNT would'nt pick up the 2nd Season, show Deserved it.
I agree, shows like this one and Detroit 1-8-7 need time to build their audiences.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
Was The Chicago Code getting higher ratings than Fringe?
Way higher. However, Fringe is produced by Warner Brothers (so it's cheaper for Fox to air Fringe than produce and air The Chicago Code), it's on a different night when ratings expectations are lower and it doesn't have House for a lead-in like The Chicago Code does.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Ah I see. I was certain The Chicago Code had been getting higher ratings than Fringe, but thought it was best to ask here before posting my thoughts on Fringe and The Chicago Code's ratings.

Watched the pilot episode last week. Very good it was (it made me think of Early Edition, which was set in and filmed on location in Chicago as well). A shame the show can't be shown on cable with Detroit 1-8-7. Even though they were on different networks, I would have loved to have seen a crossover between the two series.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I thought both Chicago Code and Detroit 1-8-7 were solid shows that deserved a second season to find their audiences.

Crawdaddy

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I will miss Chicago Code, but the jerky hand-held camera in Detroit 1-8-7 gave me headaches, so I quit watching after the second or third episode.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Episode 2 was as good as the pilot episode, perhaps even better. Well written, shot and acted show.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just finished watching it. Shawn Ryan was right. I liked how things wrapped up. They tied up the season very nicely.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He was right, and it's almost a positive that this is the end. They would have either had to have broken a new story next season, which would have been fine, or it would have been Gibbons fighting and maybe wriggling out from under it all. I maybe wouldn't have cared for that so much. With this ending, we're left to assume that he absolutely got his.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I enjoyed the finale but thought it felt extremely rushed and I didn't like how the whole thing with his brother having the evidence tied everything in a neat little knot. If it was a case where the show creators knew it was the end and wanted to have some closure then I can understand, but I didn't think they knew that early on.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottH

I enjoyed the finale but thought it felt extremely rushed and I didn't like how the whole thing with his brother having the evidence tied everything in a neat little knot. If it was a case where the show creators knew it was the end and wanted to have some closure then I can understand, but I didn't think they knew that early on.
It was a mid-season show on FOX - the creators knew this and acted accordingly.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Does this apply to FOX, or does it apply to all other US networks? It sounds like mid-season shows are supposed to end early.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by TravisR

^ Yeah, mid-season shows usually have 12 or 13 episodes.

The last episode did feel a little rushed but it would have been the same episode whether it was the end of the season or the series.

Sorry, what I meant was.....are mid-season shows supposed to end early, in terms of being cancelled, and that only full season shows should be renewed?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
Sorry, what I meant was.....are mid-season shows supposed to end early, in terms of being cancelled, and that only full season shows should be renewed?
Mid-season replacements end at the same time as most shows with a full season but they generally start in January or February. By starting later, they only need a dozen or so episodes to make it to May/end of the TV season.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ScottH

It depends on when they filmed the last episode.

Edit: An additional thought is they filmed some extra footage allowing them to edit and bring closure if it looked like the series was getting cancelled which would explain the rush feel of this last episode.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It didn't feel that rushed to me. It felt like when you're finally on the verge of finishing something and all of this crazy stuff is flying together at once. It was a little convenient to have the brother's murder be the key, but I think the brother was tied in in a logical way. Plus, it was poetic justice that Gibbons' final manipulation was the one that did him in.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
It was a little convenient to have the brother's murder be the key, but I think the brother was tied in in a logical way.
That's basically where it felt rushed to me. In the span of about 10 minutes, Killian gets murdered and their case is dead but they get lucky and uncover evidence that Jarek's brother had against Gibbons. It just seemed like a lot to put in such a short time but I'll take 'rushed' over a cliffhanger.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks