What's new

The Chicago Code - season 1 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I think about her voice in that she sounds like a robot, and is totally wrong for this role.

That said, I enjoyed the second episode more than the first...enough to keep me interested so far...

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR
Considering she's 48, I'm sure she loves you for that comment :) At 48, she wouldn't even be close to the youngest to take that position in a major US city.

[COLOR= black]Historically at 47she wouldn't even be the youngest person to hold that position in Chicago. I know they had one younger in the late 1800s but those were different times. I wonder how many 47 or younger individuals have held that job in the last 40 years. I bet the list is pretty small. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Currently none of the top five police departments (based on number of officers) in the US has anyone in their 40s holding the top position. It would be interesting to know when was the last time someone 47 or younger has held the position in any of those departments. [/COLOR]

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Gibbons demonstrated quite deftly in last night's episode how he is going to be very hard to bring down.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by ScottH

I think about her voice in that she sounds like a robot, and is totally wrong for this role.

That said, I enjoyed the second episode more than the first...enough to keep me interested so far...

There's something not right with the way they are recording her dialogue. The other characters seem fine. but Beals' dialogue sounds like someone reading off a script in a sound booth.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know...I enjoyed the episode, particularly the power plays back and forth with Gibbons. Reminiscent of 'The Shield' in that way. Unfortunately for me, it's also reminiscent of 'The Shield' with the "case of the week" stuff that fails to hold my interest.

Wysocki saving Moose was WAY too predictable. As soon as that whole freeze-out thing happened I knew Wysocki would end up saving his ass, even right down to it being a bullet as he was about to get shot.

Also, I'm not sure I understand why the chief of staff "blackmail" play by Gibbons was such a big deal to Colvin. Was it just because it reflected badly on her department?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I don't know...I enjoyed the episode, particularly the power plays back and forth with Gibbons. Reminiscent of 'The Shield' in that way. Unfortunately for me, it's also reminiscent of 'The Shield' with the "case of the week" stuff that fails to hold my interest.

Wysocki saving Moose was WAY too predictable. As soon as that whole freeze-out thing happened I knew Wysocki would end up saving his ass, even right down to it being a bullet as he was about to get shot.

Also, I'm not sure I understand why the chief of staff "blackmail" play by Gibbons was such a big deal to Colvin. Was it just because it reflected badly on her department?

Was Wysocki's reaction afterwards to Moose's apology surprising because it was to me?

Yes, it reflected badly on her, but that chief of staff was not her choice and was pushed on her by the mayor. At least, she's smart enough to realize that this latest one is also crooked and tied to Gibbons. I like how Wysocki was able to pick up on her bogus explanation of not going after Gibbons while Kelly was in the room with them.

Crawdaddy

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

It's because it taints her and makes it more difficult to believe her claims of finding corruption. If she later comes after him and says "Colvin is corrupt" there will be a response pre-planned on his part of "how do you know corruption? You missed it when it was right on your doorstep!".. I do find using Colvin as interesting.. isn't it the same name as the police chief who legalized drugs on "The Wire" ?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

Was Wysocki's reaction afterwards to Moose's apology surprising because it was to me?

I didn't think it was surprising. After the apology, when there was that long uncomfortable silence while the audience was wondering what his reaction would be, I was about 75% he was gonna go after him. I would have been more surprised if he didn't. To have him go after him was the best decision though so I'm fine with that. I think it would have been out of character for Wysocki to say, "Yeah, we're cool." And let it go.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I didn't think it was surprising. After the apology, when there was that long uncomfortable silence while the audience was wondering what his reaction would be, I was about 75% he was gonna go after him. I would have been more surprised if he didn't. To have him go after him was the best decision though so I'm fine with that. I think it would have been out of character for Wysocki to say, "Yeah, we're cool." And let it go.

Well, after the silence I thought he was going to go after him too, but while Moose was actually apologizing I didn't see it coming.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, I never watched any episodes of The Wire so I'm blind to the creative writing from the same guy writing this show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

By the way, I never watched any episodes of The Wire so I'm blind to the creative writing from the same guy writing this show.

Shawn Ryan created The Shield. Outside of the more obvious aspects (like they're both cop shows and the stories appear to be a season-long arc rather than stand alone episodes), they're pretty different from each other in my opinion.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, you can tell this show is going to have the same type of games of leverage and MAD chicken that "The Shield" had in the way it would put characters in a box where if they acted on information, it would also damage themselves as well, so the fun was to see how to circumvent the application of leverage and still take down the antagonists.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Good episode this week. Colvin is a chess player. It would have been very annoying if she had been a willing participant in the coverup. This week proves that you don't have to have Gibbons to make it work.

The girl who plays the niece (Devin Kelley) looks like she could be Gillian Jacobs' sister. And, though I like the show, some Twitterers were telling Shawn Ryan that it's better than Terriers. Not a chance. Damn you, audience that didn't find that show.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Good episode this week. Colvin is a chess player. It would have been very annoying if she had been a willing participant in the coverup. This week proves that you don't have to have Gibbons to make it work.

The girl who plays the niece (Devin Kelley) looks like she could be Gillian Jacobs' sister. And, though I like the show, some Twitterers were telling Shawn Ryan that it's better than Terriers. Not a chance. Damn you, audience that didn't find that show.

I love the chemistry between Colvin and Wysocki as they seem to know what the other is thinking.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I was surprised I liked this episode given the lack of Gibbons completely. It's interesting how Jennifer Beals' robotic delivery she had in the first few episodes seems to be completely gone.

Somehow I don't think ANY police district, let alone one in a major city like Chicago would have had those new radios in hand that quickly.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I was surprised I liked this episode given the lack of Gibbons completely. It's interesting how Jennifer Beals' robotic delivery she had in the first few episodes seems to be completely gone.

Somehow I don't think ANY police district, let alone one in a major city like Chicago would have had those new radios in hand that quickly.

It's television! In reality, do you really think a guy like Gibbons can operate so blatently in Chicago without the Feds being on his tail. Being a crooked politician is one thing, but when that politician starts ordering murders, more than the Chicago police would be involved from law enforcement. Gibbons couldn't take a dump without being photographed or video taped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks