What's new

The Chicago Code - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you need more police action/drama in your life, Shawn Ryan brings us "The Chicago Code", airs on Mondays at 9 p.m. EDT on Fox, with the pilot episode airing tonight.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I always have low expectations for a network TV show, but I'll probably check this one out due to the pedigree.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Shit -- Rian Johnson back doing TV again? Damn, love that dude.

Glancing at all the reviews and comments floating around, it sounds like we're in for a dynamite show tonight. It has a good cast and crew. I'm hoping not to have to compare it to The Shield, simply because it's so hard to compare anything to that show.

Hopefully Shawn Ryan hasn't been forced to water down his style TOO much for the network. After Terriers, the man can do no wrong.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'll give it a shot. A little "networky" at times, and it actually seemed a little too fast-paced. Also, I don't think Jennifer Beals has the chops for that role, but hopefully she can change my mind over time. Just the serialized aspect of it should keep me interested at least for a few episodes.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Took a bit to start rolling, but it was on fire by the end. Totally sold on it. Also, Jennifer Beals is ridiculously, MILF-ishly sexy in this. She alone could get me to watch the next episode all by herself.

I like the nod to having to watch their language on TV by having the one cop hate profanity. Had to laugh at the earnestness of the comptroller who went to Gibbons about the city contracts being fixed. In Chicago. How can anyone be that naive?

Nice Michael Mann-esque shot at the end, with the car and the driving. I really hope they let -- and continue to show -- Delroy being super-slimy. Could be a really fun character.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Nice pilot episode. I had a feeling one of the major supporting characters was going to die before the episode ended, but was still surprised when it happened. By the way, Tim Minear (Angel, Firefly, Wonderfalls, The Inside, Dollhouse, etc.) is also an executive producer for some episodes of the show (listed imdb for the Pilot and 1.8, and 1.9).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I still have a hard time thinking of Beals as anything but her hard-charging Lesbian museum boss (Showtime's "The L Word") Still, loved the show.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Though it sounds like kind of a cliché scene on the surface, the show sold me when Clarke and Lauria were at the Wall. The part where Clarke mentions that his brother was on the Wall, as opposed to some guy that he just knew from the academy -- but that he's never looked for where -- was when it had me hooked.

Too bad FOX is full of morons that put a show like Glee, whose true audience wouldn't care for football unless the men were naked and twinky, and who are going to watch Glee regardless, on after the Super Bowl instead of this show -- one that could actually do something with the spotlight.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by joshEH

I like the nod to having to watch their language on TV by having the one cop hate profanity.

I thought that was cheesy.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by ScottH

I like the nod to having to watch their language on TV by having the one cop hate profanity.

I thought that was cheesy.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Reminds me of a police officer who comes into our store all the time. Outside of being an officer, he's a crazy devout mormon, and he's a real stickler about grammar. Everyone has their own thing ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
But he later said his ass was on the line, the same word he chewed his partner out for. And, the only answer to Luke Cafferty's question is "The cover to Whipped Cream & Other Delights." Bar none.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Decent second episode. I'm hoping this finds it's footing, because I like some of the characters and think this -could- get good. I often find shows like this really don't find their sea legs the first season; if this can survive a season or two, and characters can flesh out, it could be good. I like the inner monologue element of what characters think about each other. Good way to fast track the audience.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattCR

Decent second episode. I'm hoping this finds it's footing, because I like some of the characters and think this -could- get good. I often find shows like this really don't find their sea legs the first season; if this can survive a season or two, and characters can flesh out, it could be good. I like the inner monologue element of what characters think about each other. Good way to fast track the audience.

I hope that FOX gives it a real chance. It was interesting that the alderman manipulated appearances so that the chief of police looked bad and then needed to go him for help in rectifying the situation.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm enjoying the show but Beals character is way too young for the postion she has in the show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

I'm enjoying the show but Beals character is way too young for the postion she has in the show.

Considering she's 48, I'm sure she loves you for that comment :) At 48, she wouldn't even be close to the youngest to take that position in a major US city.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wait, she's just over 47!!! Don't be adding years to Jennifer age!

Actually, her voice that uses on this show grates on my nerves at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks