What's new

Anthonydasher

Auditioning
Real Name
anthony dasher
Title: The Cheaters (1945)

Tagline: The Amaizing MR M!...THE ONLY MAN IN THE WORLD WITH FIVE MILLION DOLLARS and not a penny TO HIS NAME!

Genre: Comedy, Drama

Director: Joseph Kane

Cast: Joseph Schildkraut, Billie Burke, Eugene Pallette, Ona Munson, Raymond Walburn, Norma Varden, Ann Gillis, Ruth Terry, Robert Livingston, David Holt, Robert Greig

Release: 1945-07-14

Runtime: 87

Plot: An eccentric wealthy family facing bankruptcy schemes to steal an inheritance, but an alcoholic ex-actor they take in for Christmas charity complicates their plan.

Has anyone heard of any news about The Cheaters (1945) getting an official release on dvd or Blu Ray? I see TCM will show it December 23rd. Its such an undiscovered gem of a Christmas movie and Billie Burke gives a great performance. Would love to own a decent copy of this film.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It’s never had an official release in any medium.

I reached out to Olive a few years ago (since they had a deal with Republic). They did not have the title.

i’ve also reached out to ClassicFlix and Kino, but they didn’t have it either.

I did make my own DVD-R copy from the last time TCM showed it. Their copy is very nice.

Anthonydasher

Auditioning
Real Name
anthony dasher
It’s never had an official release in any medium.

I reached out to Olive a few years ago (since they had a deal with Republic). They did not have the title.

i’ve also reached out to ClassicFlix and Kino, but they didn’t have it either.

I did make my own DVD-R copy from the last time TCM showed it. Their copy is very nice.
Thank you for the information. If you happen to have an more news please feel free to email me [email protected]

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I agree, this is a great Christmas picture and would love to see this get a Blu-ray release. I have a DVD copy of it, not an official release but someone did an OK job of transferring it to DVD and that passes for now as a way to watch it. I think if more people saw it, it would grow much more popular. Glad TCM is showing it and I will try to remember to check that out.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbadave
Recent bookmarks