What's new

THE CHASE (1994) - Sept release, pan/scan only? (1 Viewer)

John H Ross

Screenwriter
One of my favourite guilty pleasures, THE CHASE, starring Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson, is listed as coming from FOX on 6th September.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

But there's no mention of widescreen (let alone anamorphic!) on Amazon's site and I'm worried. Surely this isn't going to be pan/scan only!

Movies unlimited is listing it as both pan/scan AND widescreen:

http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musit...p?sku=D63323++

I'm confused. Does anybody know any firm details?

Thanks,

John

John Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed,very worrying.
The only online site i could find that stated anything regarding aspect, was The Lasers Edge,who list it as anamorphic widescreen ,and full screen.
Hopefully its both,not full screen only.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Don't most 20th Century Fox titles (even the cheaper ones) have both widescreen and full screen versions on them lately? I would be willing to bet there is a widescreen version on the disc.

walter o

Supporting Actor
this could be similar to the fox's DVD of SILVER STREAK rumor about being fullscreen/open matte only, because all online sites had no mention of widescreen, but it oontained both versions in the end. so i assume that it will have both versions on the disc.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I think Fox deserves the benefit of the doubt. They are one of the good studios when it comes to OAR. I don't see them releasing a pan and scan only version of a film that could easily be dual format on a DVD-10. If it was Sony, then there would be good cause for alarm

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
According to the DVD cover, one side is anamorphic 1.85:1 and the other side is fool screen. I haven't watched it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks