What's new

The Chamber! Sooooo dumb! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Game show. Contestant gets strapped into a big chair and slid into a mega-hot chamber. Air jets blow and the chair jiggles and flips over.

Contestant gets $500 per correct answer. They generally seem to come out very sweaty.

Very silly. Who else is watching this (on Fox) right now?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
It seems the contestants can yell 'Stop the Chamber!' and it will all stop.

Can the audience?

To think I tuned in expecting Simpsons and got subjected to this crap. And then to think that Fox is risking this lawsuit over ABC's the Chair over this crap?

Did I mention it's crap?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm just waiting for someone to pass out in the chair. It does have that "Running Man" flavor for the set design.
Where's Richard Dawson when you need him? :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I stand corrected. I should wait to watch the whole show before calling it moronic.
Instead of hot, this round the Chamber is C-C-C-Cold! :rolleyes

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
And WHAT questions!!
"Which of these breakfast cereals has holes in it?"
And look out for those water jets! :laugh:

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I'm sitting here in complete disbelief over this show. Let's hope there will never be another episode!

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I sure as shit am pleased to say that this is the first I have ever heard of the show.

This folks is the dark side of there being 6 networks in need of new programming.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
And how about the cheesy phoney drama...the contestants staring right at each other without blinking during the questions...then they "slowly" (as though following directions) to the chamber elevator, staring straight at the camera, walking perfectly straight up. Oh and the stupid stress number thing...hahahaha. And them signing the paperwork as they are being strapped in. Oh my god is this cheesy. I like cheesy, but this is just too much cheese even for me. Absolutely aweful, only 13 minutes till Alias.

And what's up with these contestants...its like they were too stupid to get on Millionare (which is pretty dumb)? Very very very bad.

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
No doubt about it..this is by far the dumbest game show to ever be aired, I can't believe that fox would air this...wait we are talking about fox so i retract the last statement;)
Dave

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator
This is the worst show ever, and i would be amazed if they air another one. The host looks like a mongoloid who had his neck removed during back alley surgury. This show is GARBAGE.

EVEN WORSE!! Just noticed, they make the audience wear ALL BLACK!

Steven K

Supporting Actor
This show was great!

It was so, so horrible that it was so funny. I was cracking up throughout the entire show! I even called my parents 1200 miles away and told them to tune in.

I must have called 10 different people during the duration of this show; everyone I called busted out in laughter in regard to the absurdity of this show.

By far, the most pitiful game-show I have ever seen. But, it was so pitiful and horrible that it was entertaining to watch... kinda like "Baby Geniuses"

Phil O

Agent
I liked it....
for about 10 seconds when I figured out what it was about.
It's so boring...I could fall asleep in that chamber.
Hopefully, I wouldn't have to emerge to view another showing of this sweaty nonsense.
:thumbsdown:

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Since we have so many awards shows for good works, why don't we make one for the worst? I guarantee this show would win. It was absolutely HORRIBLE! I'd like to smack the person/people who gave this show the "go-ahead".

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
One network comes up with a bad idea and the other networks fall over each other to copy the bad idea and get it on the air first. Wouldn't it be funny if ABC cancels "The Chair" now?

BobV

Second Unit
... and if it just weren't so ridiculously phoney...
Ok, so I've lived in the Canadian north for many many years, and there is NO WAY it was -8º fricking fahrenheit with a sustained 45mph wind and bursts of 140mph, with water being sprayed on them, etc. Firstly, the water wasn't frozen on the skin and clothes which it should have been. Secondly the "snow/frost" in the hair was soft and wet, not stiff and froze. Thirdly, there was not a shiver by player to be seen. Fourthly, not a speck of fog too be seen on the windows of The Chamber... etc etc etc etc....
-8ºF, 140mph wind bursts... LOL
ha, ya right
LOL...
Fox=Morons :)
PS. I, as well, tuned in to seen back to back Simpsons... not this garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks