What's new

The Chair (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i thought it was good. much better then the chamber. the CONFIDENT SEXY guy was funny. he didn't even get the first question.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I was suprised that I actually paid attention to THE CHAIR! I loved when the croc came dropping out of the ceilling in front of that poor woman! And Johnny Mac wasn't that bad as host, better than that guy from THE CHAMBER.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I watched about 10 minutes and turned the channel. The sparks falling all over that guy was a bit bizarre, but this just wasn't a show for me. Soon we will get shows like the Running Man.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
HAHA..

both shows were so terrible, my friends and i watched in laughter. Is this what they want? Do they actually expect people to watch these shows and take them seriously? I dont think so. I think theyre just trying to fill time. No one in their right mind would actually put that show on primetime consistantly.

What do you guys think? Do you think the execs actually think these shows are going to make it?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
You know what?? As a kid I idolized John M, now I wish I could meet him just so I could slap him around!!!

BAD TV! an dumb choice

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
I actually liked it. The questions were easy, but not "Millionaire" sub-$1000-level easy. I think John M is a better host than both Regis and the "Weakest Link" lady combined.

Infinitely better than "The Chamber".

-Mike

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
It wouldn't have been so bad if it'd just move a little quicker. I'm young, and I like my television fast and... furious? Well, you get the point.
John's silly pause before he said "The Chair!" got hilarious real fast, though, especially the time when he paused after saying "the" instead of before, so it ended up something like "you've been beaten by The... Chair!" :laugh:

Call me jaded, but the pacing seemed very slow ... and the shocks weren't much of a shock. I think it would have been much more interesting if they had dropped the live crocodile on the contestant rather than suspending it above the chair ;)
I can see John M. cautioning the contestant to get their heart rate under control while wrestling a live crocodile ... :)
But that's just me ...

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Don't take this wrong way, but I hope someone has a heart attack after one of their "heart stoppers" just so this stupidity will end.

Having said that, I think McEnroe has a future in TV, somewhere.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I was laughing my ass off at the 'sexy guy'. I knew he was going to blow it right away, he was all talk and no show.
I loved his final words
"I'm still sexy tho!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought this show has a decent "mini-series" feel to it, but I was enjoying McEnroe once he stopped reading the cue cards and starting spicing things up with his own brand of humor.

I think this is totally a game where the women will do better than the men (men just get excited easier and faster, their adrenaline makes it harder to calm down in a game like this).

Curiously enough I found myself trying to remain calm as the show went on.

That second guy was a total joke, and he was totally exposed by....The Chair!

I have to say that The Chair is twice as entertaining as The Chamber.

Scott_G

Second Unit
I saw part of it. Thought it moved too slow and John Mac was a little monotone.

I think it will be short lived.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks