The case of the missing horror and sci-fi anthologies

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dave Anderson, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson Second Unit

Where are they on DVD?

No Tales from the Darkside, Monsters, Tales from the Crypt, Twilight Zone (80's), Amazing Stories.

Where are they? I would think Universal would be all over Amazing Stories. You got the Speilberg angle, plus lots of now big name actors, like Kevin Costner.

I've managed to acquire some on laserdisc. I have several volumes of Amazing Stories on U.S. and Japanese laserdisc. Same with Tales from the Crypt, Darkside, and I even have Twilight Zone 80's Season One on Japanese laser. But these lasers are all dated (most from late 80s and early 90's). It would be nice to get some cleaned up DVDs of these.

Who owns these shows?

Amazing Stories = Universal, I guess.

Tales from the Crypt = HBO

2. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Thanks for bringing this up, as I've actually forgotten how much I enjoyed some of those shows. I liked a few episodes of MONSTERS and TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE. And with Halloween quickly approaching it would have been nice to spin a few of those episodes.

3. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

A little surprising about Tales from the Crypt, since it's from HBO, which is pretty good about releasing its shows on DVD. That would make a nice box set- how many episodes are there?

I'd vote for Amazing Stories, too. Totally forgot that one. Maybe Spielberg is waiting to record the commentaries for that. [​IMG]

There was a disc of Eerie, Indiana, but I think it was just a few episodes, not a whole season. Also I believe it's OOP, from back before season sets were common.

4. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Dave Anderson wrote (post #1):