What's new

The Case of the Missing CD-ROMs (1 Viewer)

RogerB

Second Unit
My 8 year old son recently discovered that seven of his CD-ROMs are missing (he has the cases but no CDs). We quized his 2 year old sister about them yesterday but every time we asked her "where did the CD-ROMs go?" she would answer by opening the CD-ROM drive and pointing. She's the only one who could have masterminded this disappearance. We've searched high and low (mostly low) but can't find them. :angry:
Where would YOU put seven CD-ROMs if you were a 2 year old?

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Clearly your daughter fed them to the computer!

Have you checked in her play area and around her toys? Under and around the computer area?

Good luck.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Try holding up another CD-Rom, and say enthusiastically,...
"Now, go get yours and you can stick them in."

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Is there some way she might have "fed" them into the PC, one at a time, through the open CD-ROM door? They might have then fallen into the innards of the PC. Pop the cover off and see if they are there.

RogerB

Second Unit
Looking inside the PC case is a good idea. I tried giving her a CD-ROM and asked her to show me where she put the others and she went straight for the PC.

It is extremely frustrating! We've looked everywhere. They have to be in the house somewhere.

I woke up this morning and thought, "what about the (heat/AC) register?!" You know, little slots that look like a good place to drop a CD into....but when I checked I discovered that the register is narrower than a CD. Drat!

Kevin P

Screenwriter
She probably shoved the discs into a gap in the case, such as between the drives. I've had lusers at work do this, and they're (chronologically) much older than 2. :eek:
KJP

KyleS

Screenwriter
Check in the VCR as well
What is a VCR? ;)
Seriously that it a good place to check along with any CD-changers or DVD players that you may have. Assuming that you have looked behind your couches and between the cushions? On my computer there isnt a way for a child to fit the cd's in the case since the slots are too small. Are you sure your son didnt take them over to a friends house or in a backpack to take somewhere? Hope that you find them soon.
KyleS
What software is he missing?

RogerB

Second Unit
We have looked under furniture, under cushions, in all the drawers in the PC desk. We do have a VCR in the family room for the kids so I will look there.

I know that the CDs have never left the house. He is missing Roller Coaster Tycoon, Loopy Landscapes, Sims Theme Park, Sim City 3000 Unlimited, Crayola Make a Masterpiece, and a couple more I can't remember.

We do know that they have disappeared over time and not all at once.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Hope when you find them, she did not try to Crayola a Masterpiece onto the CD-ROMS :)
Trashcans (before they go out) Under her bed covers, in her 'Make & Bake oven'!
In your freezer/refrigerator...I put Live Baby Easter chicks in the fridge once, my mother told me I said I thought they looked hot with all that 'fur'.
(I'm sure you've already hit those spots just think tanking)

RogerB

Second Unit
Chris and Peter win! They were inside the case. There are two open bays under the CD-ROM drive with a little slot in between them. They fell right into a little dusty place. I actually found 10 CDs inside!

Thanks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks