What's new

International The Carpetbaggers- coming to Blu-ray August 2020 (1 Viewer)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Outstanding!

1590467980722.png

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, I fancy this one, it's been decades since I last saw it. That's a UK film poster, see the X certificate after the title, that meant that you had to be at least 16 years old to see it, due to its adult content, of course it now looks about as shocking as a Barbie doll in a bikini (& it wasn't that shocking at the time). I've been listening to my Intrada CD of the great Elmer Bernstein score in anticipation. I hope the master that Paramount supplied to Imprint is up to snuff, definitely one to file under (very) guilty pleasure.

Last edited:

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Indeed they are. But on another board someone said Waterloo with Rod Steiger looks great so there is a glimmer of hope

panavision and technicolor. What a combination to work with.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Alan Ladd's last movie, he was only 50 when he died. He looks a lot older in the film, I'd think that was probably all the booze (but he kept that beautiful voice).

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
From some of the reviews I've read lately, Paramount aren't above releasing tired old masters themselves (& even new masters aren't a guarantee of excellence). I'd think it'll be the same as the streaming transfer, & I don't know how good that is. I'll do the usual & wait for a review or two.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks