sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
MeTV did have title cards for the sketches in the episodes from season 1. I suspect that the show stopped using title cards after that.

MeTV didn’t air seasons 1-5 for long. They have been back to showing the “& Friends” package from seasons 6-10 for a while now.

likewow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
Yes, and Z Living is airing sketches that MeTV didn't, like the first Carol & Sis with the short fellow, Super Guy, V.I.P. with Miss America, and Bonnie and Clod. They also ran an hour long episode with some of the songs cut that featured Martha Raye, Carol, Bobbie Gentry and Gwen Verdon as the Beatles Sgt. Pepper.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Yes, and Z Living is airing sketches that MeTV didn't, like the first Carol & Sis with the short fellow, Super Guy, V.I.P. with Miss America, and Bonnie and Clod. They also ran an hour long episode with some of the songs cut that featured Martha Raye, Carol, Bobbie Gentry and Gwen Verdon as the Beatles Sgt. Pepper.
Maybe the syndication rights to seasons 1 to 5 have passed from MeTV to Z Living....

Reactions: likewow

likewow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
Good thought! It's awesome that we get to see even more of the earliest sketches. I hope they air all five of the first seasons!

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
If you have Amazon Prime, seasons 1-4 and 6 are available (30 min. Episodes). Don't know why season 5 is omitted.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
Season 6 on Amazon prime is interesting. This is the first year that Carol and her husband fully owned the show. So this was the first year in the traditional “Carol Burnett & Friends” syndication package. All of the episodes have the syndicated title/intro. Some of the episodes seem to be taken directly from that package and run 22 min, with the syndicated closing titles. But a few others run longer and have the original closing, with Carol singing “I’m So Glad We Had This Time Together” and the credits rolling over the performers on stage.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Just noticed that season 5 was added to Amazon Prime but only 24 out of the 29 episodes are included. I was watching Season 2 and one episode was only 20 minutes long.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Seasons 1-9 now available on Amazon Prime!
I saw that yesterday but am concerned about episode lengths. *Every* S1 episode is listed at 20 minutes with most from S2 in the same range. I didn't watch any to see if they're those horrible edits that ran in half hour syndication blocks in the 90s but suspect that's what these are. The flow is completely gone on those along with most (all?) of the music bits/skits.

Reactions: EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I saw that yesterday but am concerned about episode lengths. *Every* S1 episode is listed at 20 minutes with most from S2 in the same range. I didn't watch any to see if they're those horrible edits that ran in half hour syndication blocks in the 90s but suspect that's what these are. The flow is completely gone on those along with most (all?) of the music bits/skits.
You're correct. I've watched a few episodes from the first nine seasons available. It even seems like the intros (talking/taking questions) are trimmed at the beginning. I haven't seen a musical bit yet. Saddens me with so many greats that were on her show (Cher, Mama Cass, etc.).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmurphy1969