The Carol Burnett Show - Complete Series on Shout Factory TV

AndyMcKinney

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
There's also a "Carol Burnett Channel" on the multi-channel streaming channel STIRR. It's a single "channel" on your streaming device, but it has multiple 'channels' embedded within it, like the similar PLUTO-TV.

I'm sure there's international limitations there, too. Just thought I'd throw that out, also, for people who own Roku (and other) streaming boxes.

STIRR (and Pluto, when STIRR gets buggy) is how I access BUZZR.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
I've been watching and recording on FOLK TV. It airs in hour-long blocks, but is really 2 half-hours. These configurations are getting more complicated than Time-Life DVDs. Unlike ME-TV (which skips a bunch of episodes all together), the FOLK-TV airings have a half hour dedicated to every episode. For the most part they have been airing in production order (not airdate order). They do jump around sometimes. They are up to season 4 now. The only episode that has not aired so far is episode "017" which was the Season 1 Christmas episode (maybe that's why). To complicate things even further, the episode make-up is sometimes exactly the same as ME-TV, but sometimes it has different skits from the same episode substituted. (And the one's on Amazon Prime are sometimes a 3rd configuration! - sometimes showing a musical number). FOLK TV also has 1/2 hours which are basically the leftovers that didn't fit. After showing season 1 they aired around 10 episodes that had skits from various season 1 shows that didn't make it to the half hours. I've been having fun (to use the word loosely) trying to reassemble the episodes. Most episodes I have clocking from 25 to 38 minutes after I combine everything back - not great but better than 22 minutes.

RedPenguin

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
Wow! Thanks again for posting this.

Oddly in all my time searching online and looking at lists of people who post streaming content, I have never heard of Folk TV before, but it actually looks pretty decent of a streaming channel.

Too bad they have a very confusing schedule layout, I mean design wise in my browser. lol

Now I'm curious if the Red Skelton they air are different than the 90 episodes ShoutFactoryTV has and if the Jack Bennys are different than Antenna TVs.

RedPenguin

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
I watched the beginning hour or so of the marathon and it was for a fact CB&F shows......

On a side note, it's still a good thing overall for me.

My local MeTV is decent quality but I don't really enjoy the strange 5:3 or whatever it's classified now aspect ratio and they take months to re-air if you or your DVR misses and episode or signal issues.

So it will be much nicer to just have all the CB&F/TCBS episodes just right there online for you without waiting months on end for a MeTV reair.....

Reactions: Bob_S.

RedPenguin

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
That's what I was hoping to see on SF's website but then each episode opens with either CB&F or TCBS, just like MeTV.

I did notice though, the Shout versions don't cut so much.

For example S1E1 Jim Neighbors had an opening where Carol basically was saying "This is our first episode" and "It looks like a nice crowd in here" then finally "Can we turn up the lights?" but MeTV's opens with "Can we turn up the lights" and cuts off that entire segment.

Also, the aspect ratio seems different. On MeTV, Carol almost has her head or hair ready to be cut off. Shout's version has like 1-2 inches of background above her head.

Reactions: Tony Bensley

RedPenguin

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
I was wrong about the different intros, as didn't realize Carol wore the same outfit in both S1E1 Jim Neighbors and S1E10 Martha Raye. MeTV & Shout seem to line up.

You can watch a majority of the episodes already at:

ShoutFactoryTV Carol Burnett Search Results

I don't see yet the actual page for her show, just Season 1-9 already in Search Results.

It is obviously the same as MeTV afaik because it's 22 minute episodes each.

RedPenguin

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam

That's the link to all episodes. Oddly I almost guessed that link but I have no idea why there is an X in Carol but other than that, I guessed the URL.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
I've been watching and recording on FOLK TV. It airs in hour-long blocks, but is really 2 half-hours. These configurations are getting more complicated than Time-Life DVDs. Unlike ME-TV (which skips a bunch of episodes all together), the FOLK-TV airings have a half hour dedicated to every episode. For the most part they have been airing in production order (not airdate order). They do jump around sometimes. They are up to season 4 now. The only episode that has not aired so far is episode "017" which was the Season 1 Christmas episode (maybe that's why). To complicate things even further, the episode make-up is sometimes exactly the same as ME-TV, but sometimes it has different skits from the same episode substituted. (And the one's on Amazon Prime are sometimes a 3rd configuration! - sometimes showing a musical number). FOLK TV also has 1/2 hours which are basically the leftovers that didn't fit. After showing season 1 they aired around 10 episodes that had skits from various season 1 shows that didn't make it to the half hours. I've been having fun (to use the word loosely) trying to reassemble the episodes. Most episodes I have clocking from 25 to 38 minutes after I combine everything back - not great but better than 22 minutes.
Folk TV recently jumped from early season 5 episodes to airing episodes from seasons 10 and 11. They are using the full hour block for these - clocking in at 40-some-odd minutes minus commercials. In episodes that had lots of music (therefore not leaving enough sketches to fill out the time) they are rounded out with sketches from other episodes. Some episodes end with no credits and jump to a new Q&A that starts at about 40 minutes past the hour followed by only one sketch and then credits! Those "short" episodes probably will have their own fuller airing later. They recently showed the first 2 "Family" sketches from season 11 that aren't on DVD and did not make it into the ME-TV or Amazon/Shout edits.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrz7

RedPenguin

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
Folk TV is all over the place now.

I am recording the web stream and when I run them through my editor, I may get a 22 min episode one time then 30 min the next then 44 min the next.

Red Skelton is somewhat the same but that may be as times were really enforced as strict as today during that show. Some of his episodes can be 42-44 then 50 the next.

RedPenguin

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
Well that's definitely a new one.

Yesterday's recording gave me a 12 minute Carol episode right after a 30 minute one. After the 12 minute episode was a 43 min one.

I reset my edits to make sure I didn't mess up somehow, but no it was the opening, 1 skit, then the ending credits.

I am still going to probably keep the recordings because in some ways it seems like some of the skits are longer than MeTV/Shout and they aren't very large to keep as obviously they aren't shot in HD or 4K.

Also on a side note, is GoodRX a shareholder in Folk TV or something? Seems every commerical break has a GoodRX commerical.......

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metlerdavid