What's new

The Carol Burnett Show - Complete Series on Shout Factory TV (1 Viewer)

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
All 11 seasons of The Carol Burnett Show will be available for streaming on Shout Factory TV starting June 1st. There will be a marathon on the weekend of the 30th & 31st of May leading into the arrival of the show's complete series.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
If it's the same ones currently running on Amazon it's actually "Carol Burnett and Friends" - the half hour, cut down, version created for syndication. All music, whether performances or song & dance skits, has been removed.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
All 11 seasons of The Carol Burnett Show will be available for streaming on Shout Factory TV starting June 1st. There will be a marathon on the weekend of the 30th & 31st of May leading into the arrival of the show's complete series.

If it's the same ones currently running on Amazon it's actually "Carol Burnett and Friends" - the half hour, cut down, version created for syndication. All music, whether performances or song & dance skits, has been removed.
Because it's Shout! Factory, I tend to think it'll at the very least be something more than what has been previously available However, the fact The Carol Burnett Show is being offered on Shout's free streaming service, rather than on physical media does have me a bit confused, regarding that. We'll just have to wait and see.

CHEERS! :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The ones on Amazon *are* from Shout:

1588014003737.png

I'm sure these are exactly what Shout! is putting on their site (and they'll likely be removed from Amazon at the same time).

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan

Carol confirmed on Instagram that it's all 11 seasons. Take that for what you will. We'll see.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
A few of the 22 minute episodes on Amazon Prime and ME TV from the 1st 5 years are two parters , each 1/2 of the full episode. Still stuff missing but much more complete. Usually these have original music, stuff written specifically for the show.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
A few of the 22 minute episodes on Amazon Prime and ME TV from the 1st 5 years are two parters , each 1/2 of the full episode. Still stuff missing but much more complete. Usually these have original music, stuff written specifically for the show.
Interesting... When the few I watched turned out to be those "Carol Burnett and Friends" edited episodes I removed it from my watch list. I didn't care for those when they were in syndication.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
I don't have my hopes up for this, as the series has not been completely released on DVD due to the expense of the music rights. Why would streaming be any different? These will most likely be edited with the musical numbers removed.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
It would be nice if the season 11 episodes were included. When MeTV started airing the Carol Burnett & Friends package it didn't included the 25 episodes that were created from season 11. Those haven't been seen in years.

Last edited:

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
It would be nice of the season 11 episodes were included. When MeTV started airing the Carol Burnett & Friends package it didn't included the 25 episodes that were created from season 11. Those haven't been seen in years.

It states all 11 seasons, so I'm assuming it will be.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
Does streaming have a different law when it comes to paying for or not having to pay for music rights? I know nothing about the law when it comes to that.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Does streaming have a different law when it comes to paying for or not having to pay for music rights? I know nothing about the law when it comes to that.

Yes, and it's more complicated than Broadcast and Media!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
It states all 11 seasons, so I'm assuming it will be.

MeTV lists 11 seasons on their site episode guide, but there is nothing in their guide that actually comes from a season 11 episode.

Back when Carol Burnett & Friends first went into syndication, they only used episodes from seasons 6-10 to makeup the syndicated package of episodes. I believe that there were 155 1/2 hour episodes total. Then in the early 80s due to the popularity of the shows, and additional 25 were added from the season 11 episodes bringing the total to 180 episodes. MeTV only show 155 episodes as part of the Carol Burnett & Friends. These do not include the new 1/2 hour versions of seasons 1-5 (100 episodes from those years). MeTV lists 255 episodes, so there are still 25 episodes missing but all episodes are listed as seasons 1-11.

My point being, if these are going to be the same 255 episodes, then no they will not include any of the 25 episodes that were made from the season 11 shows. Those 25 1/2 hour season 11 shows do exist because they even used the final episode (only the Eunice and Mrs. Wiggins sketches) as the last episode in the package. I saw it several times in syndication along with several of the other season 11 sketches.

So, I'm not going to assume anything. Something tells me that the elusive syndicated season 11 show may still be missing.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
MeTV does have half-hour cutdowns of the first five seasons now. They added them about a year ago.

The Amazon versions of seasons 6-10 are interesting. A lot of them are the “Carol Burnett & Friends” (CB&F) syndicated edits, with a standard intro and closing with the animated Carol/charwoman. Some of them have the CB&F syndicated intro, but run a bit longer and have the original closing credits rolling over Carol and her guests onstage (with Carol getting their signatures for her guest book). A few of them have the original “Carol Burnett Show” intro and closing. And I even found one that starts with the CB&F intro, then goes into the cold open on stage, then has the original “Carol Burnett Show” opening title!

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
I just wish Shout would be honest with us and tell us the details on whether these are full episodes or edited. Fans of the show are smart enough to figure out what's been removed, and we can't be fooled.

RedPenguin

Grip
Real Name
Adam
In case anyone wants as I didn't see it mentioned yet, but the Roku Channel (web app, or various devices) has 26 full episodes of Carol of S1-S5. (They just added a few more.)

Carol on Roku

You have to make a free account though.

The Roku Channel has some gems but I rarely hear it mentioned online.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
In case anyone wants as I didn't see it mentioned yet, but the Roku Channel (web app, or various devices) has 26 full episodes of Carol of S1-S5. (They just added a few more.)

Carol on Roku

You have to make a free account though.

The Roku Channel has some gems but I rarely hear it mentioned online.

It's unavailable in all countries. Not in Canada where I am.

RedPenguin

Grip
Real Name
Adam
It's unavailable in all countries. Not in Canada where I am.

Man, I feel your pain.

I live in US but many times found out that older crime shows, some classic TV, & a few syndicated current shows that were all created in the US, but not streamable in the US.

The problem was that it seemed they were only streamable to a UK, AU, or CA user, which was a bummer for homeland fans.

Until recently in the US, it seemed many shows oddly never had streaming rights but strangely they could get them internationally......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks