What's new

Pre-Order The Carey Treatment (1972) (Blu-ray) (Warner Archive Collection) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61PpGI0z4sL._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
This film has always had its detractors and it is a pretty lightweight movie but I enjoy it. I'll be buying this disc for sure.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
This film has always had its detractors and it is a pretty lightweight movie but I enjoy it. I'll be buying this disc for sure.
It was my favorite film of the year the year it was released. I haven't seen it since. Blake Edwards disowned it because James Aubrey apparently chopped it to bits, turning it into something unrecognizable for him, but for me, it has the essence of Blake Edward's style, sophistication and cinematic verve. It worked for me. I didn't understand all the negative reviews. It would be great to see Blake Edwards' original version, but I'm assuming that was destroyed.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Too bad they didn't go with the original poster art (one could describe it as "striking") on the cover, considering what E V E R Y O N E has been talking about this week...

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It was my favorite film of the year the year it was released. I haven't seen it since. Blake Edwards disowned it because James Aubrey apparently chopped it to bits, turning it into something unrecognizable for him, but for me, it has the essence of Blake Edward's style, sophistication and cinematic verve. It worked for me. I didn't understand all the negative reviews. It would be great to see Blake Edwards' original version, but I'm assuming that was destroyed.
Thank you for that. I was unaware that the film had been chopped up against Blake Edward's intentions. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, particularly that moment when, during an autopsy, James Coburn asks a question and the doctor replies dryly "are you here in a teaching capacity?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks