What's new

The Cannon Films / Golan-Globus on Blu-ray! thread (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
MarkA said:
If any of these have the rights to Agatha Christie's Appointment With Death on Blu that would be great. I have the region 2 dvd.

I believe Mr. Lime reported that Warners holds the rights to this one. I want it, too, on Blu-ray.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
A shame that MGM opted to only release the US R cut of Death Wish 2 . The uncut version has been released on dvd almost everywhere else.

The Australian double bill dvd of the first 2 movies seems to be the best option for DW2 at the moment

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Erik_H said:
I would be interested in "Grace Quigley" (or "The Ultimate Solution of Grace Quigley") --- Katharine Hepburn's last leading role in a theatrical film (co-starring Nick Nolte). Cannon gave it a token release in 1985 and it has rarely surfaced since then.
+1. This was my introduction to black comedy as a teenager and has stuck with me. Hepburn and Nolte have unexpectedly great chemistry in this underseen film.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
I would kill for a bluray of Grace Quigley. I know it isn't that well known, but with the fan base of Katherine Hepburn, I'm shocked it has never been released to bluray let alone dvd. I think it is ripe for a release.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So apparenetly there's an American Ninja boxed set, movies 1-4, set to release sometime soon in the UK. Problem is, it's not region free - but if you have the rig and you've got a burning urge for some Dudikoff, this will be good news for you!

11082393-1004281885408162.jpg

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Electric Boogaloo is available on a very nice German Bluray. I got it the other week.

Lots of extras including a 50 minute trailerthon. Is this on the Oz version?

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yer Da
Tony J Case said:
So apparenetly there's an American Ninja boxed set, movies 1-4, set to release sometime soon in the UK. Problem is, it's not region free - but if you have the rig and you've got a burning urge for some Dudikoff, this will be good news for you!
The set plays perfectly fine on Region A players. :)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
88 Films of the UK has put out a box set of all four American Ninja movies that plays in Region B and Region A players. The set had some extras, including a retrospective documentary, and is bound to be cheaper than waiting on Olive or Kino to release all four individually.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Added Street Smart to the line-up under Olive Films - but man, what a terrible, terrible cover! The original poster was SO much better:

Street_smart_poster.jpg

I wonder if it's too late for Olive to add a reversible cover to the disc?

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Last night I managed to catch Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films at the Seattle International Film Festival. Yes, it's as glorious and awesome as you might expect from the trailer. Well, here - let me repost what I said in my SIFF thread:

I grew up on shlock. My mother would take me to the local drive in every weekend for the best in slasher flicks, exploitation movies and raunchy teen comedies. If it wasn't Roger Corman's New Line, it was the Go-Go boys' Cannon Films feeding me a steady diet of Ninjas, swearing and Nudity - so EB:TWUSOCF is a love letter to my youth. It doesn't delve too deeply into each production, but it's got loads of cast and crew from back in Cannon's hayday that are willing to speak frankly on their time at the studio. Some speak fondly of their associations with Cannon, some . . . . not so much.

​My only regrets are the people they didn't interview. Being the studio that made Chuck Norris a star, it's a pity they didn't corral him for some screen time. Also, Menahem and Yoram declined to participate (however, in true Cannon style announced their own documentary shortly after being approached for EB:TWUSOCF - managing to release theirs three months before EB). That said, if you've ever loved a Cannon Film, you'll enjoy the hell out of this documentary.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Twilight Time is releasing Cannon's 10 TO MIDNIGHT this fall.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Not Blu but the new MOD DVD of Fool for Love is 16:9 anamorphic widescreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks