The Canadian Conspiracy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Bardon, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

The strange brew discussion reminded me of this one again, and I can't remember if I've asked about it on here or not, but here goes:

How can I find out who owns the rights to this?

For those who don't know, this was a film done in a mock 60 minutes style about how Canadians are taking over the US through entertainment. It features most of the SCTV cast, as well as a LOT of notable Canadians. I saw this on CityTV in Toronto a couple of times years ago, but have never heard of it since. To give you an idea of how obscure this thing is, it's not on IMDB (at least the last time I checked) and I couldn't find a single page about it on the internet.

I started searching by going after CityTV to see if they knew who owned it, but their response was that they had no idea, and that they'd love to know so that they could get it back to air again as well. Has anyone got any idea how to track down the rights to this so we could see a possible rerelease? At this point I'd settle for being able to tape it off TV, but a DVD release would be ideal.

2. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

Well I found it on IMDB, but there isn't much information about it. No mention of who owns the rights either.
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0285470
    Did you check with CBC? Maybe they initially aired it.

3. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Heh.. I thought this thread was going to be about bilingual dvd covers... [​IMG]
    Martin.

4. Matthew Kiernan

Matthew Kiernan Stunt Coordinator

I remembered it was aired on Cinemax in like '86 or '87 when they aired monthly comedy specials. HBO Video released several of them on VHS and more than likely still have the rights. Try them.

5. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter