What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Cabin in the Woods arrives on 4K UHD Blu-ray with an upscaled Dolby Vision HDR transfer and Dolby Atmos audio, making for a fun ride at home.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Bump cause I missed this had an amazing Atmos mix when I bought it and it went in the stack to be watched. DO NOT MISS OUT, this is a GREAT Atmos track!!!!

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I realize it was a 2D-to-3D upconvert but I dunno why they apparently pulled 3D blu rays of this off the market. Can't seem to find it available in 3D in any region. Def would have picked it up in that format.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I realize it was a 2D-to-3D upconvert but I dunno why they apparently pulled 3D blu rays of this off the market. Can't seem to find it available in 3D in any region. Def would have picked it up in that format.
Um, this was never converted to 3D, and never released in 3D.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Um, this was never converted to 3D, and never released in 3D.

Well, my understanding of the whole history of it is certainly spotty, but I'm just going by these examples:

This Amazon UK listing which indicates there was (alas, no longer) a 3D blu:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabin-Woods-Blu-ray-3D/dp/B006DZSPXA

This article among others:

https://www.cnet.com/news/how-3d-killed-cabin-in-the-woods-for-me/

Admittedly, it may have been short-lived and a bust... but there seem to be traces of a least a brief 3D presence for this title and, subpar-3D or no, I would have bought a BD in that format. Even subpar 3D enhances most movies for me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think that was just a pre-order placeholder. Amazon US has been going the same with domestic releases, posting a 3D placeholder, then abandoning it later when there is no domestic 3D release.

The article from Cnet is about lazy theaters leaving projectors in 3D mode to show 2D films, causing bad image quality. Nothing about any 3D version of CITW.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I think that was just a pre-order placeholder. Amazon US has been going the same with domestic releases, posting a 3D placeholder, then abandoning it later when there is no domestic 3D release.

The article from Cnet is about lazy theaters leaving projectors in 3D mode to show 2D films, causing bad image quality. Nothing about any 3D version of CITW.

Helpful info. Thanks.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I can't believe it too me 6 years to finally watch this but found it on Tubi TV app and finally sat down and watched it. I recall it being so hyped back when it came out.

All I can say is WTF.

And not a WTF in a good way. That was the biggest letdown in the hyped movie world that I've seen in a long time. Maybe I just didn't "get it" but I found myself just rolling my eyes from the minute they got to the cabin and it never stopped. Get stabbed in the back by a 15" knife and act like it's no big deal, yep. Ditto for another character. The list of "OY!" moments never ceased. Then the whole facility final act was beyond stupid.

So am I to believe that the thousands of caged creatures are just monsters from peoples dreams locked up to use for killing and sacrifices yearly??

Complete letdown for me. I'd give it a 1 out of 5 just because they did indeed put a twist to the usual slasher film.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
True, but even as a fantasy/horror flick it just fell so flat for me. Especially when all the monsters took stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks