The Butterfly Effect - any news on release??

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Kyle McKnight, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I ran a search for butterfly in the topics for this section, and nothing mentioned at all concerning The Butterfly Effect. I really enjoyed this movie. Has anyone heard a semi-reliable rumor on a release date? Any info, as always, would be appreciated.

2. PaulP

PaulP Producer

It pays to have a large list of DVD sites in Favorites [​IMG]

From The Digital Bits:

[​IMG]

Personally I thought it was a great film and I'm really loking forward to the disc.

3. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Its about damn time there was some news on this release! Seeing how this is one of my new all time favorite films, I have been dying for the DVD to be announced. The disc sounds excellent, but I'm not happy about having to wait till July 6th to get it.

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

This didn't stay in the theaters very long. It's just the sort of film that gets bad to mixed reviews and doesn't burn up the box office but will do fantastically well on dvd with a fully loaded release like this. I'm looking forward to this one.

In the same vein, anyone heard any news on the possible dvd release of Timeline?

5. WillG

WillG Producer

Timeline has been announced. I don't know the specifics offhand, but if you look around you should be able to find the info. Check Amazon.

6. Wouter Heyse

Wouter Heyse Agent

I generally don't like Kutcher much, but I still went to see this film with low expectations, only because Amy Smart was in it (I would watch 2 hours of Amy Smart reading the paper, so I guess this was a better alternative anyway). I ended up liking this movie a lot, and I probably would have seen it again if I would have stayed longer (had to get back home, where this movie hasn't been released yet). So this will definately be a buy from me, especially with New Line bestowing their excellent Infinifilm treatment on it. And I am curious to see what the director's cut does with the movie. With the theatrical cut being on the DVD as well, there's no complaining in that department.
    Only thing missing from the DVD is that 2 hour movie of Amy Smart reading the paper.

7. Dustin Harrison

Dustin Harrison Stunt Coordinator

I agree with the comments above. Sad to see it didn't do better in the theater.

8. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

I was also surprised by this movie. Went to the theatre to see Return Of The King with my wife and it was sold out so we opted for this.

definately on my list of favorites now.

did I miss something? Fairly sure it's some kind of joke/reference but can't quite grasp it...

Too early for me, must go back to bed...

9. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Rolando, as far as I know he was just making reference to what his first two sentences were.

Thanks for the info guys.

10. Wouter Heyse

Wouter Heyse Agent

Heh, sorry, sometimes I try to be funny while I am the only one who even realizes what I am on about. It was a reference to my first sentences, yes. Besides, I'm sure there are better things to be done in a 2 hour Amy Smart movie.

One of these days I'll grow up, I promise.