What's new

The Bunker (2001) (1 Viewer)

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
I bought this movie today on a complete blind purchase. I know nothing of the film beyond what I read on the back. It sounded pretty cool on the description! I love dopey horror movies and this looks like it's right up my alley.

Anyone know anything about it?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I rented this as an R2 disc when I got an all-region player in my modded xbox. It's pretty good, but not great. The climax is pretty lousy. Looking forward to the release of the similarly themed "Deathwatch" -- a WW! horror film with Andy Serkis -- in the next couple of months.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I liked it a lot (although admittedly I'm a sucker for cheesy horror and sci-fi). It's basically a haunted house story set in a German bunker at the very end of WWII. The bunker, in the middle of a remote forest, is built on a huge network of underground tunnels that was never fully completed, and don't appear to be totally unoccupied. A group of German soldiers running from Allied forces seek shelter in the bunker and the fun begins.

It has a great creepy atmosphere with genuine scares: a great one to watch in the dark. Its low budget does show, though. The ending is a little out of place, but I won't ruin it for anyone.

By the way, the R1 DVD's cover is seriously misleading. If anyone buys this expecting some sort of zombie movie they'll be disappointed. It's also a shame it's P&S unlike the R2/4.

Adam

Daniel Windsor

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent creepy film! I'd not call it a simple horror. More like an intelligent thriller with some shocking moments.

The UK disc is anamorphic and has some good extras. It's on special for US$12/£6.99 at www.dvd.co.uk

The artwork on the USA disc is terrible and has nothing to do with the film.

Interesting that the German DVD has DTS! In German only, though (with a DD5.1 English mix).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the one you can rent from blockbuster is widescreen.
i forgot to look if it is enhanced.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I dug the movie! It was a solid little psychological surpriserer, and one that will make a good double feature alongside Deathwatch, which hits DVD on 6/22, courtesy of Lions Gate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation496
Recent bookmarks