What's new

The "Buffy/Angel" All Spoiler/Speculation Thread (1 Viewer)

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Cue Spike-haters! Go!

Good news regardless. Angel is a great show and hopefully can survive Marsters.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Great news! And leaving it in the same timeslot with "Smallville" as its new lead-in is a slick move. That could bode well for an eventual 6th season.

As far as the cast changes, it's obvious Mutant Enemy listens to the fans. Even everyone who loved Season 4 weren't all that down with the Cordy/Connor arc, so it's no surprise neither will figure prominently(if at all) in the show next year.

And believe it or not, Spike-haters, there are tons of rabid, insane James Marsters marks out there. Joss and Co. are just giving them what they want. I personally like Marsters as an actor and I think the character of Spike is one of the more interesting one's in the Buffyverse, so I don't mind him crossing over to Angel. Plus, I know for a fact that the writing staff on that show will do a much better job with him than what we saw the last two seasons of Buffy. Remember when Willow showed up on Angel this year and seemed a hundred times more alive and likable than she's been depicted on Buffy?

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Oh, great.

Well, AICN

Cue Spike-haters! Go!
How about the Spike lovers go first this time? We could go over exactly what the character will bring to the show (and *he's cool* doesn't count). Tell me why he (1) Won't gradually destroy the characters around him, like he did on Buffy (2) Won't be repetitive and derivative of another character, like on Buffy (3) Why *another* reinvention of the character won't be necessary (4) Why Spike won't steal camera time away from better written, more important characters like Gunn, Wes, and Fred (like he did on Buffy), and finally (5) Why, if Marsters is so great, can't he find another job?

Marsters whined his way into another season as the same old character. ME needs to quit playing to the 14 year olds on Buffy.com. Angel wasn't affected by that shit until now. Marsters is gonna have it rough if S5 is Angel's last. But, maybe the BtVS spinoff will be going by then and Marsters can jump in there and get to work early!

Well, I just hope Marsters realizes he's there for one reason - Spike = popular, Angel = not all that popular. Add Spike to Angel and what do you get? A ratings ploy!

Lets just hope Spike's arc is Doyal-ish in nature (except ending sooner).

Ugh.

JQ

D

DAN NEIR

Wow, sorry to see Cordy go. I knew Spike was coming over. Hopefully the writers there can make the character right, like they did with Willow and Faith earlier.
Does anyone know why Charisma won't be back? Did she decide not to return or was it ME? Maybe she just wants to take off the season or must of it since she is a new mom now.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I am totally bummed by the Spike news. This character has been a plague on Buffy since mid-season 5.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
I still say it's disinformation to make us believe Spike survives the Buffy finale.
It has to be.
It just has to be. :frowning:

Arkady Kleiner

Auditioning
Please God, let Mary Noxon's show be picked up for many many seasons.

And if at all possible, let Angel writers, er ... write for James Masters' character.

Lastly, not necessary, but would be nice if Lorn was no longer a regular but a recurring character. Maybe he could be put in charge of Wolfram & Heart's Las Vegas entertainment "endeavors".

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Great job generalizing Spike fans, there.

Listen, I'm not Spike's biggest fan. But I am willing to see what the (more talented, imo) writers at Angel would do with him.
Agreed. BTVS suffers from problems that go way beyond JM. Importantly: the script, the script, the script.

Let's see what the talent at Angel can do with the new cast dynamics before we go into "the sky is falling" mode.

For the record, this is where Spike appears in my Angel character rankings

Wesley > Lilah > Gunn > Angel > Spike > Cordelia > Fred >> Lorne >> Connor

Strange really, because I detested the Wesley character on BTVS, but by Angel season 3, the writers had really made him a lot more interesting. I'm sure they can help improve Spike too. ;)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'll assume Charisma took the time off herself to spend time with her new baby.

Perhaps we'll see guest star spots, and I'll assume she'll appear in at least a few episodes, still in a coma of course.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Becuase this isn't Buffy
Well, with increase involvement from Joss, decreased involvement from Minear, and some of the BtVS writers coming over to Angel next season as well as the "new direction" for the show, I think it remains to be seen just how valid that statement is. My biggest fear is that so many of the things that have sucked about this season of Buffy will start happening to Angel.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Spike joining Angel is being reported all over the web as a fact - so it's bye-bye to the show from me.
I'll not make the same mistake I made with Buffy by letting misguided 'loyalty' make me stay aboard a show that has gone to hell.
This is one trainwreck I'm not going to witness. :frowning:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
At least give season 5 a chance. It's pretty dorky to stop watching because of the threat of badness. Cordelia/Conner sleeping together could have been terrible (had it not happened for the reason it did) but it turned out okay.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Conner/Cordelia was a plot point - Spike is a character that makes me sick.
You can't compare those two.
And we all know that the show will start to be about Spike only - because all the 14-year-old-girls who will now start watching Angel want to see him (preferably without shirt).
That's not the show I love and I'd rather keep a good memory of it - on Buffy seasons six and seven have made it impossible for me to enjoy the earlier seasons.
I bought the DVDs of season one and two but couldn't make me watch them - knowing that the show would sink as low as it did sucked all the fun out of watching them.
As a very big Angel fan I have to say that I would have been happier if it had been cancelled.
Being turned into "The Spike Without Shirt Show" is a fate worse than cancellation.

JasonRH

Second Unit
Having Cordelia gone and Spike as a regular is a great move (yes,I'm a Spike fan and yet not a 14-year old girl at the same time:)). The Cordelia character was played out a while ago and if we get some good writing for Spike he'll be a very good addition, as Marsters does a great job with the character. It'd be nice to see Lorne gone as well - too many regulars has been detracting from the more interesting characters.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I doubt that the WB would be advertising something that they can't deliver on, merely so that they can keep up a surprise for a competing channel.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, there's always a mystical way to work around the events from the series finale, isn't there?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, given that this is the "all-spoiler/speculation" thread, why'd you spoiler ;)
I have to say I'm a little surprised buffy didn't die again, though I suppose that's kinda played out by now

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks