What's new

The Buddy Holly story---Is there a special edition comming? (1 Viewer)

wayne pal

Auditioning
Can anyone tell me if the current dvd of the buddy holly story is worth getting? I'd like to know how the dvd looks and sounds. is it 5.1 dolby digital/is it widescreen?
also are there any extras. I thought the film was pretty good and gary busy did a great job playing buddy---he also played live in the opening sequence at the roller rink.
I remember this as i was there that day as an extra and thought his band sounded great. are there any plans for a special edition with deleted scenes.

thnx

Frank@N

Screenwriter

BHS is in the WalMart bin for $5.50, so if you have any interest at all I'd get it.

Just make sure it's not a MAR-only (full screen) reissue.

Craig

Second Unit
Definitely worth purchasing. Picture quality is good, and it is anamorphic widescreen (at least on one side, fullscreen on the other side). It's not 5.1, but sound quality is pretty good also.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
and you get a commentary with Busey and someone else (the director?).

absolutely worth getting if you are a fan of the film.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I may have to look for that.

It really irritates me that the good video documentaries that have been made on the stars like Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis and the Everly Brothers have not been re-issued in digital format.:frowning:

wayne pal

Auditioning
Thanks for info----i'll be picking it up for sure.

especially if can find it for under 10 dollars at wal mart

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks