What's new

The Brute Man (1946) (1 Viewer)

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
I realise this was released many years ago by the (defunct ?) Image Entertainment. This was made by Universal and sold in 1946 to PRC, so who would have the original negatives or best source materials now ? Was the PRC library split up or did it end up mixed up like Monogram (such as PD or Warner owned) ?

Holmesian

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Cinedigm acquired a good portion of the PRC library earlier this year. I understand that they store at least some of their film elements with the UCLA Film and Television Archive, which UCLA seems to verify. The UCLA website indicates that the Film and Television Archive holds five (non-circulating) nitrate copies of The Brute Man, only four of which are complete.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Thanks for the info Holmesian. I wasnt able to get the DVD of brute man, just my old laserdisc transfer. I had hoped that Kino would have added 2 more poverty row horrors to go with Spider Woman Strikes Back, as that bluray - which i shall be getting in December - could have been filled out with 2 more films. 59min and a featurette seems rather wasteful of a bluray disc

Holmesian

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Didn't know about the LD release...interesting.

I don't own it, but I understand that the Image DVD is from a quality print of the film.

Agreed on the Kino front. Wasting Blu-ray space is never a great thing. The Brute Man also would have gone quite well as a companion piece to The Spider Woman Strikes Back, given that both films take Holmes (!) villains and put them in their own films (which are, of course, and unfortunately, unrelated to their appearances in the Holmes series).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks