What's new

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Kevin EK

The Breakfast Club Criterion Collection Blu-ray Review - Highly Recommended
The-Breakfast-Club-Image.jpg

The Breakfast Club finally completes its essay on Blu-ray .

[review]

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Kevin,

Could you check the original mono track? There have been reports that it's slightly out-of-sync.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I just realized I missed the Silence of the Lambs release, will be ordering tonight.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
@Kevin EK - it's never too late to cover a great movie, especially when the coverage is so good! :)

Thanks for sharing a terrific retrospective on this film's releases and what makes Criterion's release so worthy. I'll be waiting for a sale, but plan to own this for sure.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Jeff Adkins: I've listened to multiple sections of the movie in the original mono without any trouble. I looked it up and saw that someone on another site had said they thought it was slightly off and another person said that if there was a problem it was too tiny to notice. For me, the sync looked identical to the 5.1 track - I took time switching back and forth in my recheck. What I saw was a good match of picture and sound. I've seen a situation of the sync falling out of alignment and it's not pretty. I did not see that here.

Radioman970: Something tells me you're going to be making a 5th purchase...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Jeff Adkins: I've listened to multiple sections of the movie in the original mono without any trouble. I looked it up and saw that someone on another site had said they thought it was slightly off and another person said that if there was a problem it was too tiny to notice. For me, the sync looked identical to the 5.1 track - I took time switching back and forth in my recheck. What I saw was a good match of picture and sound. I've seen a situation of the sync falling out of alignment and it's not pretty. I did not see that here.

Radioman970: Something tells me you're going to be making a 5th purchase...
Nope. My finger will. I'll just be averting eyeballs to something cute my dog Scooter is doing in the corner of the room and practicing looking surprised when a box shows up in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks