What's new

The Brak Show (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
So how is everyone liking their set? I love the songs that Brak sings on the menus. I can't wait for a Vol. 2 to come out!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
"Welcome every-buddy to the Brak Show DVD - DISC TWO!!" - great menu stuff, but be careful, it can get maddenning if you leave it running!

Great clips from Cartoon Planet (very primative looking compared to "Brak presents The Brak Show starring Brak" clips) I'm sure some of those clips featured Gary Owens as SG.

The "commentaries" as advertised are unfortunately very limited:

- two for "Goldfish" - the first featuring Brak by himself (hilrious as it's mostly "there's me, there's my dad, that's my wallpaper, etc., and occasionaly he sings along to his own songs), then the second as a Q&A...

- "War Next Door" has crew and cast (Andy Merrill as himself). Cool background on the development of The Brak Show.

- "Bawkbagawk" has a radio-play-style "table reading" of the pilot.

2 Easter Eggs on disc 1: Original version of Zorak's "Painful Acres" number from "Psychoklahoma", and a variation on the High School Fight song from Bawkbagawk with painted backgrounds instead of photos (Either a preliminary outtake or possibly for animation "blocking" with the photo background).

All episodes except "Pepper" have been playing on Teletoon late nights Sunday here in Canada. Some web sites say the rest of the series went downhill with the appearance of Space Ghost et al in later episodes, so Vol. 2 remains to be seen.

Since so much of the background information is stationary and the colors are solid, the low bitrate transfers (averaging 4.5) look very good.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to the show show-er so I can watch the greatest shows ever to be shown.

Rob^D

Auditioning
Good news about this set - although the packaging says it is a region 1 dvd, it plays just fine on my region 2 player, which is not a multi-region player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks