What's new

The Brady Bunch Season 2 (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I'm really excited about The Brady Bunch Season 2! The reviewer on sitcomsonline.com gave it a pretty good review, but I am curious as to what they meant by "I noticed some of the episodes had the 1970 copyright date on them, while others did not." Huh? Does this mean some episodes are without a copyright date or some have the appropriate 1971 date?

Mick Tees

Second Unit
yes, i'm looking forward to collecting this entire series...
i loved the cover art for season one and season two looks pretty groovy too!!!

:emoji_thumbsup:

I loved the cheese ball background music in this series which I never really picked up on when I watched it growing up. It would be cool if they released the accompanying music on a CD.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I figured out the answer to my above question.....some of the end logos have the 1970 copyright date, while others do not. This is because the Paramount logo was undergoing transitions that year.

Some things I have noticed:

- The Brady Bunch in Color card has groovier music in Season 2.....very cool.

- While you can still tell where reinstated footage was added, it is much more seamless than in Season One.

-The episodes barely run 25:00 this season.

-The Brady Bunch really came into its own this year. The first season contained some touching episodes, but for pure entertaiment pleasure, Season 2 is the Bunch we all know and love!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Here's my question: I bought two copies today. Do you think they will both count towards that $15 rebate offer, or would I have to buy a unique title to qualify for that?

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall

Is this why the picture quality varies in a few scenes? For example, in The Dropout episode flesh tones are faded one minute and vibrant pink the next.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
For me, Season Three is when the REAL Brady Bunch comes into focus as it goes from a sappy Sixties show to a more hip 70s show.

Watch for:

Carol's shag hairdo
Mike's hair gets longer
Greg's 'fro' coming into shape
Those clashing 70s clothing patterns- a paisley shirt with striped bell-bottoms? Works for me!!
More 'rocking' background music
Marcia and Jan no longer parting their hair on the side (and let's not forget Jan's specs!)
Singing Bradys!!!!
Davy Jones!!
The Grand Canyon
Jan Brady, Queen of Teen Angst- Marcia, Marcia, MARCIA!!

Now THAT's the classic Brady Bunch to me. Hurry, Season Three, hurry!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that's why the flesh tones change. They had to go to different source material. But, I figure that is more how the show looked originally and the rest of the dvd's look even better.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
ScottR,

Thanks for the reply. It's nice to know why there is this phenomenon.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
so what do you have to cut up/cut out to send in for the $15 rebate?

i hate to cut up the packaging (just in case i ever go to sell it, i'd rather it be as close to mint condition as possible), but in this case- for a release i'm kind of on the fence about- the (good sized)rebate would most likely push me over.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Can someone with a vhs copy (even taped from tv) confirm whether or not the Season 2 episode "Going, Going Steady" is missing the slide in of F. Henderson's box at the beginning. The dvd cuts this off, but you hear the music. There is also a similar variation on "The Treasure of Sierra Ave."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks