What's new

The Brady Bunch Dvd Transfers (1 Viewer)

Dave*

Auditioning
Really?The Donny and Marie Show?Does anyone have it and would be willing to set-up a trade or something w/ me?

How about "The Brady Brides"?Did that ever air again after it's original broadcast back in 1981?That is also another one i am most interested in aquiringAnd of course "The Bradys" from 1990.

If anyone has any of these could you please emal me or something.I would LOVE to get these on either VHS or DVD.

Many thanks.

Dave

Will Ryan

Agent
Paramount TV didn't hack the original 35mm negs so they could make syndication prints in the mid 1970's. 16mm CRI's were made with the selected cuts removed from these negs. All syndication prints were in 16mm only, except for LA & NY which were 35mm prints.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
So, Will, if Paramount is going back to the original masters for this release, would it be safe to say that the Grand Canyon episodes that are missing the cast boxes at the end ran this way originally?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

No, for 2 reasons. If they were going back to the original masters, and the masters were not edited, then there would be no change in transfer quality from scene to scene (or shot to shot). Also, the footage was there when it originally aired, as I had it on audio tape.

Interestingly, in the discussion of this over at Sitcoms Online, a viewer from the UK checked his videotapes of the episodes, and they are shown unedited in the UK with the missing footage and music cues intact.

Here's a link to the Sitcoms Online discussion:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=151366

Dave*

Auditioning
Is anyone aware that there were "no boxes" either at the end of "The Impractical Joker" episode as-well.

Was this originally broadcast this way as-well?

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

The Brady Brides has aired since. I believe the Family Channel ran all of them a few times.

Dave*

Auditioning
I'll have to go back and check.But one of thew episodes on that particular dvd does not have the boxes on it.

I'll check later and post.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The Teeter Toter Caper also runs about :30 shorter than the rest of the episodes (except for the Grand Canyon ones.) I wonder if the cut footage couldn't be found for that one, either. Is this common?

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Scott, (and everyone)

Here is a link to Sitcomes Online with the run times for The Brady Bunch Season 3: Scroll down and you will see the running times for each episode. Yes, it looks like "The Teeter Totter Caper" is about :30 seconds shorter than the others:

(I don't have enough posts to post URL's yet, but if you go to Sitcoms Online .com main page and on the left hand side, find a review for Brady Bunch, click on S3 and you will see the run times for S3.)

What is interesting is that S1 and S2 of The Brady Bunch DVD's come in at about 25:00-25:30. S3 has most episodes about 30 seconds to a minute LONGER than previous seasons. Could the "Teeter Toter" episode have some missing footage? Or when they edited the film for post-production, maybe they just had a story that happened to be 30 seconds shorter than the others. (Maybe Robert Reed complained about a scene that they cut!)

You know what would be cool? Brady Bunch fanatics know that Robert Reed and the Schwartz's were always bickering about scripts, scenes, and storylines. Reed wanted the show to be more "realistic" because he hated any kind of slapstick comedy, Sherwood and his son Lloyd, wanted more episodes to have more comedy. It would be cool if as extras we could see some original scenes or tags as filmed and then the scenes that wound up being used because Reed liked them better. I am not sure if these existed, but they would be cool DVD extras if they did! Maybe Reed and the Schwartz's conflicts over the scripts were taken care of before the scenes were actually shot.

Jack

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone notice anything missing from Teeter Totter? Or do you think it ran shorter? I noticed it ran on New Year's Eve, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.
I looked in my episode guide and the show was produced #8 for the season, but didn't air until like #13, which places it between Oct. and Nov. It was held until Dec. 31.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
ScottR, I think you just nailed it. I bet ABC ran brief promos for the New Year's ball drop at the end of each show that night.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
That's probably it....I just checked a syndication tape from the very early 1990's and the tape is missing two brief scenes at the beginning when Bobby and Cindy are trying to participate in projects with their siblings, a brief scene of Alice in the kitchen with the radio, and a few other bits.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with what has been said here,

It is certainly better to have the uncut versions even if some of the 16mm back up prints are a little fuzzy, than to not have them at all!

Also, I think that some of the 16mm shots look better than the others. I think the WORST looking back up print is when Jan and Cindy are looking for Marcia downstars in Father of the Year. Some of those prints, as said may have been cut on the first syndicated runs. So that is why they look as they do in some cases.

Jack

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Also on The Brady Bunch S2 DVD, "The Tattletale" episode. There is about a three second humming sound at some point when Alice is in the kitchen mixing batter into a bowl and she asks Cindy why she isn't out playing with the other kids.

Jack

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
There may be a cut (unconfirmed) on the S5 DVD "Adios Johnny Bravo."

I have had two posters from sitcomes online tell me that they remember a slightly longer scene of Greg signing the contract papers one at a time in Tammy Cutler's office. The DVD cuts away and shows Greg having the papers all signed in the next scene.

Also, in "Call Me Irresponisble" S2, a possible scene with Randy Peterson and her drama teacher rehersing the scene at least once before the door is opened and Greg gets hit with the flowers. (also unconfirmed.) Both episodes run about 25 minutes so timewise they would appear to be uncut.

If you could, go back to the earliest tapes you may have of these episodes and see if you can varify this information. Thanks!

Jack

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

I wanted to boost this topic up. Does anyone have any updated information with regards to these possible missing scenes? Thanks!

Jack

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Guys,

I just rewatched my S3 "Teeter Totter Caper" to get the official time off of my DVD to tell people that it was shorter, because another poster at this other Brady Bunch board said that his came in at 25:15 and so did mine on rewatch............weird!

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks