The Brady Bunch Concern

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ScottR, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Reading two reviews of the new Brady set, I have a concern. On digitallyobsessed.com it is pointed out that the pilot episode has "a number of time-compression like jumps in it" while sitcomsonline.com says that all of the episodes run 25:30 minutes, except the pilot which runs under 25:00. I hope we are getting the complete show.

2. jim_falconer

jim_falconer Supporting Actor

25:30 per episode seems about right for a 1969 sitcom. As for the pilot, keep in mind that it's the only episode of the entire run that didn't contain a "tag" scene at the end. That might be why it's only around 25 minutes.

I'm VERY much looking forward to finally seeing these great shows uncut and restored!

3. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Is this over DVNR I see? Everything shiny is blinking and lots of objects in the image shimmer? What is this?
    The kitchen scenes look very bad...all the silver on the appliances blink constantly. Paramount needs to lay off the DVNR...Star Trek looks horrible because of it, and now, so does The Brady Bunch.

4. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

These shows look terrible, due to DVNR (digital video noise reduction.) Check out all of the scenes in the kitchen....the silver appliances are pulsating like mad. Whoever is responsible for this should be fired.....I will not be purchasing future seasons.

5. Gregory V

Gregory V Stunt Coordinator

Actually the first season is the only one I really enjoyed, so I wasnt planning on buying any others anyway...