What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

THE BORDER (Jack Nicholson) (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The BORDER starring Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel will be released on Blu-ray on July 27th and can be purchased from Amazon.de (Germany). Amazon.de lists the audio in Deutsch (German) and English. The Region Code is listed as "B". As soon as I receive the copy I ordered I will test the Region Code and report my findings.

The Border is an excellent movie that tells the story of a corrupt border agent who decides to go straight after a woman's baby is put up for sale on the black market.

The Border.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I remember this film from my theatrical experience. I liked, but did not love it. The pace was slow and, beyond Nicholson, the casting didn't seem very compelling to me. Of course, the issues brought up here are more relevant now than in the 80's, so a new viewing is warranted. Tony Richardson was a terrific director.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
I like this film very much. I first saw it when it was released in theaters in early 1982.

There was some publicity at the time about what a troubled production it was. There were rewrites being done during filming, and the final cost of the film swelled to around $20 million, a ridiculous sum (at the time) for such a small-scale production.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WoutV
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale