"The Boob Tube" 1975, who holds copyright?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Eric Huffstutler, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    I know a sarcastic owner of a company named Reel Media of Dallas, TX holds the worldwide distribution of "The Boob Tube". Marengo DVD was to have released this along with "Tunnelvision" back in 2001 but up against a near legal battle with someone who "claimed" ownership but never released it on DVD. Reel Media says they will "only" answer questions from companies, not individuals which is dumb! So... anyone knows who owns this movie and how to contact them to see if/when it will ever see a DVD release?

PS... I remember seeing this when released at a drive-in as a double feature with "A Boy and His Dog".

Eric

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

A small company called Catcom put out a disc with both of these movies, Boob Tube is letterboxed. This company tends to mostly put out public-domain stuff (2 movies on one dual-layer disc usually with some drive-in type trailers and/or old commercials and cartoons thrown in) I got this one from an Ebay seller and have gotten others at Big Lots occasionally.

*I* have a 35mm print of Tunnel Vision, which played once at the Starlite Drive-in theater somewhere in California.

3. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

Reel Media is (I dont know if I'm allowed to say this here) are, well "questionable". They claim to have owned at one point CAT O'NINE TAILS, DEEP RED, EATEN ALIVE, GOD TOLD ME TO, HOIUSE BY THE CEMETERY, but if they have claims to them, why didnt they stop the DVD release from BU, AB?

Also know some filmmakers/producers who's been argueing with them over reel media's claim to their work.

4. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

TUNNEL VISION is still fully owned by Stuart Shapiro, it's original producer. Through his company, Cult DVD (handled by Eclectic DVD Distribution), he released a good-looking fullscreen disc with a trailer and some isolated music. Cult also released Proctor and Bergman's J-MEN FOREVER, a rare Andy Kaufman performance, and "MIDNIGHT RIDER," an omnibus-style grab bag modeled after Shapiro's groundbreaking cable TV show "NIGHT FLIGHT" -- it even has the velvety voice of Pat Prescott introducing segments as she did for the original show.

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Those little googly eyes will forever be burned into my brain. Oy vey!!!