Pre-Order The Blues Brothers (1980) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81UhalfvjkL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

ScottJH

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Scott
Saw there was a Fathom Events of this coming in late June/early July. Nice to have a 4k release. Hopefully Animal House is not far behind.

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Doug
I really wish the Extended Cut was included in this release. :(

EDIT: According to the Amazon listing (for whatever that's worth), it IS included as a Digital Copy. No mention of whether or not it's 4K or just HD though.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The extended cut is better than the theatrical- some of the music scenes are extended (The Old Landmark and Minnie The Moocher).

I despise the new trend that certain features are on digital only, and not the discs. This is something I will refuse to support.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
The extended cut is better than the theatrical- some of the music scenes are extended (The Old Landmark and Minnie The Moocher).

I despise the new trend that certain features are on digital only, and not the discs. This is something I will refuse to support.
Well, I'm not going down that road as life is too short to die on that hill.:D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Saw there was a Fathom Events of this coming in late June/early July. Nice to have a 4k release. Hopefully Animal House is not far behind.
I wonder if Animal House would benefit from a 4k release. Landis dumbed down the Blu-ray release because it looked too good.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Also, while I am here, are we positive this 4k release is the theatrical cut only? There is no press release to date and I am not certain I would trust Amazon specs. I have checked Universal's press site and there is no information listed there yet on the title.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Edit: I am reading both cuts will be available on the 4k disc. This is still not absolutely official.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Edit: I am reading both cuts will be available on the 4k disc. This is still not absolutely official.
Paramount released both cuts in 4K with "Gladiator". For those that stream, that's not the case with digital though. At least, when it comes to iTunes with only the theatrical cut in 4K.

RickardL

Second Unit
Reaction score
The back cover says

Digital Code Included
Active Movies Anywhere Account Required.
Theatrical version only.
BB4K_back.jpg

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Doug
The back cover says

Digital Code Included
Active Movies Anywhere Account Required.
Theatrical version only.
View attachment 69646
So if the back cover info is correct it's the exact opposite of the specs Amazon posted. Theatrical and Extended on the shiny disc, Theatrical only for the Digital Copy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Anyone getting the Best Buy Steelbook of this?

I would, but it doesn't day that a Digital Copy is included while the non-Steelbook editions do state it is.

I would have thought all releases would be the same but I am not going to take a chance on that

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Steelbook at Best Buy dropped to $19.99

I canceled my first order and placed a new one at this price point.

Alas, still no indication of whether a digital copy included with this

sleroi

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Does anyone know bestbuy's policy if the price drops on a pre-order?

I ordered this a week or ao ago at $22.99 along with a preorder of Taza Son of Cochise.

After seeing Rons post I chatted Best Buy and was told that they dont price match pre orders even if the price drops but that I could wait for a sale after release and then they could help me.

I then suggested cancelling my order and placing a new one at the lower price. She said that I could do that too.

Im not horribly concerned about the $3 as clearly I was willing to pay $22 for one of my all time favorite films in 4k. Its more the principle of the matter, and that this passes as customer service these days.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Anybody that buys the 4K disc, I would hold off redeeming the digital code as it's not available in 4K anywhere yet. I'm not going to redeem my code until I know for sure it's been upgraded to 4K on the streaming services.

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Grady
Can anyone confirm if the the new 4k disc fixes the repeated shot? It happens right after the mall chase- the shot of the 8 track player in the car is repeated. I'm assuming it was an authoring error related to the seamless branching. I believe all streaming HD versions have the error as well.

Is the HD disc bundled with the new 4k disc the same as the last HD release?

ScottJH

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Scott
Anybody that buys the 4K disc, I would hold off redeeming the digital code as it's not available in 4K anywhere yet. I'm not going to redeem my code until I know for sure it's been upgraded to 4K on the streaming services.
I checked the code on MA while not logged in and it comes up with this message: "This digital movie code is not supported by Movies Anywhere. Please visit https://www.uphe.com/DigitalCopy/TokenEntry?token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to redeem."

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steelman1991