What's new

The Blue Dahlia (1946)- coming from Shout! Factory (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
https://www.shoutfactory.com/produc...tm_medium=post&utm_campaign=Blue Dahlia cover
FB_IMG_1533245696303.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My guess is, since Kino didn't get this, Shout will also be releasing This Gun for Hire and The Glass Key, as Kino said they asked for all three and didn't get them.
Well, I just watched The Blue Dahlia on Blu-ray recently from the UK. Depending on bonus material I might stick with that release and the same with The Glass Key. Now, This Gun for Hire is a different matter.:) The cover art is strange looking for Bendix and Lake. Ladd is dead on.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Yes, I also recently added The Blue Dahlia and The Glass Key to my collection in European Blu-ray editions. I am perfectly satisfied with them. I would gladly buy This Gun for Hire if released here in a Blu-ray edition. I only have it on DVD so far.

Same. It's hard to believe that these titles were MIA in the States for so long. I remember borrowing THE GLASS KEY on VHS from my local library at least ten years ago (before it was available on DVD), with the intent of copying it using my DVD recorder. The tape was badly worn, so I didn't bother. Then I recorded a TCM airing with the same DVD recorder a couple years later.... but something went wrong with the disc, so I still didn't have it. By the time it finally came out on DVD in 2013, I skipped it on the foolish presumption that a Blu-ray release would soon follow. So now I have the Arrow edition, and it's wonderful.

On a side note, the UK really has it good when it comes to film noir. Arrow, Indicator, Masters of Cinema.... it's like they have three different Criterion Collections. What really kills me is the fact that I almost always spend less money to import them (example:the Flicker Alley TOO LATE FOR TEARS is still over $30 on Amazon, but the UK equivalent from Arrow--- which contains the identical disc--- is less than $20 on Amazon.uk). The same goes for Twilight Time noir releases---- unless I snag 'em during a sale, I almost always import the UK equivalent.

jra66

Agent
Real Name
Jason Ader
Already have the Arrow, but if the Shout has any additional and worthy special features, notably a full length commentary track, I will double dip. My only disappointment with the Arrow disc is the very short 9 min or so scene specific commentary. Who does that in this day and age?! Thankfully 'The Glass Key' has a full length commentary.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Yes, I also recently added The Blue Dahlia and The Glass Key to my collection in European Blu-ray editions. I am perfectly satisfied with them. I would gladly buy This Gun for Hire if released here in a Blu-ray edition. I only have it on DVD so far.

Same goes for me as well as I have both TBD and TGK on Blu from Amazon UK and I’ll stick with them. Don’t yet have This Gun For Hire.

Do wish that these were in color (or a well done colorization option) sometimes but I so do appreciate the artistry of B&W.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I bought five titles during the recent Arrow sale, including The Blue Dahlia and The Glass Key. I watched The Blue Dahlia last night and am very pleased with it. As an added bonus, it plays on my Region 1 Panasonic Blu-ray player using the Stop-Stop-Top Menu workaround (it also works with The Glass Key, so I'm assuming that it will work with the other Arrow titles as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yacubjkc
Recent bookmarks